• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Have you ever thought of creating your own forum site?

I have never thought about this before because I do not have the skill to run a forum and I doubt I will have enough time to do so.
I think a forum could be a good source of income if you know how to diversify your time because I see you are always present so may at least reduce little time of PTP for your own website.

For real l have thought of creating my forum website not for the sake of money but for the love of the forums l must say.
I'm currently a community owner and it's a passion of mine along with a hobby. I've been building websites since I was a teenager.

I’m focused on building a good community, the money will eventually come.

I’m focused on building a good community, the money will eventually come.
Yes, that's very true if you manage to create an active community that get a lot of traffic, you will start getting advertisers or even earn from ad networks. However, running a community is a difficult work, it is also expensive.

Yes, that's very true if you manage to create an active community that get a lot of traffic, you will start getting advertisers or even earn from ad networks. However, running a community is a difficult work, it is also expensive.
It can be expensive depending on what add ons you’re purchasing for your software and how much your spending on the design, etc.

However, you’re right once it starts getting good traffic, you’ll eventually start making your money back.

It can be expensive depending on what add ons you’re purchasing for your software and how much your spending on the design, etc.

However, you’re right once it starts getting good traffic, you’ll eventually start making your money back.
If you are using premium software with a lot of add ons, youi might have to spend a lot of money to build a community. I use open source with no paid theme or paid add ons, so what ever I make is mine to keep it. Even a $20 per month income is good for me.

11,643Threads
90,716Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member