• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Have you ever written off a debt someone is owning you? What made you do so?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
Sometimes, we have had to render some kind of financial assistance to people either through lending someone money or giving someone something on credit.

Has someone ever owed you and you never were able to get the money and you wrote off the debts? I have seen some of my customers that I just regretted giving them credit services because literally speaking, they don't have the capacity to pay back. I just write off the debts sincerely.

Have you ever written off debts someone has owed you? Why did you write it off?

Of course, in both personal and business finances, we will encounter some uncollectible debts, so we have to erase from our memory if they are personal debts, but we also need to write off bad debts in the financial statements and record them as expenses. Of course, there are certain reasons we have to write off bad debt, such as the receivables have expired, collections have been made many times, or their business has gone bankrupt.

Yes I have found myself in situations like this before, I just had to write it off cause it was very clear they where not ready to pay and I am not the type that would go about fighting you.

I have been doing this more often than I get payments back when I lend people money. Just last month, my sister called me to lend her some money, I did. She has not really tried to pay back even when I ask. I have given it up.

I have been doing this more often than I get payments back when I lend people money. Just last month, my sister called me to lend her some money, I did. She has not really tried to pay back even when I ask. I have given it up.
Do you expect her to pay back! I have realized that siblings especially sisters don't pay back debts. I don't lend money to my family members! I will give what i know it will not affect my business! Most sisters will not remember that they are owning you because to them it is their privileges. 😂😂😂😂😂😂🙈🙈🙈🙈
Post automatically merged:

I have written off many debts! I have concluded that i will not be selling on credits even if is my best friend or relatives. It is very unfortunate that you will dragging people around because of debts.

I've done writing off debts several times. Some people just have the nerve to borrow again with still unpaid debts. There are reasons people may not be able to pay one is there really is no capacity to pay and the other one is simply they don't want to pay.

12,060Threads
92,990Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member