• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Have you failed to purchase a basic item because of brokenness?

Not actually failed but experienced a little delay. My phone is currently due for change but I am delaying buying a new one for now due to all the many expenses I have to sort out.

A lot of times, I delay necessary medical exams. But this isn't due to a true brokenness. I can't say I'm broken. Instead, this is due to the real need in my country to invest for the third age. Our Social Security is going to crack because half of the population in their working age is working in the informal mode. So they aren't contributing to Social Security. They don't pay a single cent to Social Security, nor they pay Municipal taxes. Following this path, people of my age (even people of the age of my husband, that is older than me) would see only a miserable pension after their seventies, as people that are born since the eighties won't see a single cent from Social Security. So I cannot help but invest as much as I can, leaving behind the purchasings today.

I have not purchased a new laptop for several years since I am victim of massive financial fraud, slavery, so when I am not at home, the computer work is greatly reduced.

I have not purchased a new laptop for several years since I am victim of massive financial fraud, slavery, so when I am not at home, the computer work is greatly reduced.
Oh wow this is huge. Suffering unjustly this way is bad. is there no way to deal with this for the financial fraud to stop

There are times that I desperately desire something as basic as food or clothes but my account can't afford it. I just relax myself. If it is food, I can get on credit.
I'm so sorry you face such a mishap. Nobody deserve it:cry:. Hoping online paid tasks will be helpful for you. Is there in your country the possibility to get donations of used clothes?

I'm so sorry you face such a mishap. Nobody deserve it:cry:. Hoping online paid tasks will be helpful for you. Is there in your country the possibility to get donations of used clothes?
Thanks dear. But that was a certain point in my life. It is not the current situation. I have a thriving business. That condition happened like 3 years ago.

Last week, my account was blocked due to discrepancies between my bank verification number and national identification number. I really suffered. I could not get some basic amenities and am not good at begging or asking people for help. Thank God! The problem was resolved today after long procedural efforts.

Thanks dear. But that was a certain point in my life. It is not the current situation. I have a thriving business. That condition happened like 3 years ago.
Ok, I'm happy your circumstances changed for better:love:! I became upset and worried, reading your post, but thanks God for your thriving current business🐥

Ok, I'm happy your circumstances changed for better:love:! I became upset and worried, reading your post, but thanks God for your thriving current business🐥
I am grateful for your concern. You know we get to grow through these tough times and I had my fair share then.

In the case of families counting on one small salary, it easily happens to fail to purchase basic items. Unfortunately, it isn't due to lack of planning. An acquaintance of mine is living in such a circumstance. She is unemployed, but she must support her two little children. Her husband's salary, if he isn't unemployed in his turn, is shamefully small. The youngest of the children is only 6 months old and she fell into the mishap she couldn't purchase drugs the doctor prescribed for the baby, having to accept friends' help.

There are things in life that I can proudly say that I have overcome and food, clothes and housing are amongst those. Always grateful that I have come this far in life.

12,085Threads
93,134Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member