• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

How is Telegram better than WhatsApp?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
Forget the hype. Telegram is better and has more features. On Telegram groups, you can have more than 1000 members compared to WhatsApp Which is not up to 500 participants in a group chat. You can easily set up your own Telegram bot but that is not possible on WhatsApp?

Most large communities are being hosted on telegram rather than WhatsApp. WhatsApp just had the name and the market. Meta is trying to improve it buy they should do more.

I cannot access Telegram, I think it is blocked in the country. So I can only use Whatsapp which I can do if it is essential. Other than using a VPN, is there any other way to access Telegram?

I have always preferred Telegram but use WhatsApp more since most of the people that I am aquatinted with are on WhatsApp.
What are the special features of telegram? Why people say it is better than WhatsApp?

Forget the hype. Telegram is better and has more features. On Telegram groups, you can have more than 1000 members compared to WhatsApp Which is not up to 500 participants in a group chat. You can easily set up your own Telegram bot but that is not possible on WhatsApp?
Telegram have more functionality and capabilities than WhatsApp. But the problem is that a lot of people are not technically in inclined. Many people simply want a messaging app not a technical one.

12,060Threads
92,990Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member