• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

How long do you stay active on the electronic devices?

My offline work as a special educator does not require any electronic device. When I am back home, I do some work related things on computer like writing reports, making lesson plans, worksheets, explore some ideas to take to my students etc. And I do spend few hours on online work and browsing the Internet in general. I am not much into social media platforms. I might be spending anytime between 3_5 hours in a day on screen( laptop and smartphone).. But I make sure that I don't sit for more than an hour at a stretch.

I live a virtual life where I have to be online for close to 6 hours of the day. So many online gigs but I try my best to have a balance for my offline life too.

It is good to strike a balance between our online and offline lives. Working online for too long can be exhausting at times.

It depends. Sometimes, I work over 8 hours per day,
especially when I have a lot of online tasks to do.
8 hours per day on screen is a lot. I mean, it's very hard. I remember when I was studying, I used to spend a lot of time on my computer, and my eye burned a lot, and tears used to come out of my eye constantly. When I went to the eye clinic, the doctor told me that I have "dry eyes" and suggested that I should reduce the screen time.

12,042Threads
92,890Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member