How many hours does it take you to decide on something significant?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
Are you an impulsive type in terms of decision - making? If not how many days or hours does it take you to decide on something significant or important? It's not easy if there's something needing a decision. It's also hard to decide right away, we need to think in depth by rationalising analysing, and assessing the possible outcomes of a decision to make. One example is marriage proposal. It needs days to decide. It's not the emotion to overrule. What about you?

Any important thing always take time to get the right decision. I do take days to make this happen.
That's good, we feel certain that our decision won't harm our future and family especially if it's a crucial decision to make.It's not good to rush.

Any important thing always take time to get the right decision. I do take days to make this happen.
That's good, we feel certain that our decision won't harm our future and family especially if it's a crucial decision to make.It's not good to rush

Are you an impulsive type in terms of decision - making? If not how many days or hours does it take you to decide on something significant or important? It's not easy if there's something needing a decision. It's also hard to decide right away, we need to think in depth by rationalising analysing, and assessing the possible outcomes of a decision to make. One example is marriage proposal. It needs days to decide. It's not the emotion to overrule. What about you?
Marriage is still a family affair in India. In arranged marriage it's still the elders of the family who decide. I was not listened to when I denied to marry my husband because my mother-in-law demanded dowry both in cash and kind.

If it is really important, it takes weeks for me or even months. I decided to resign on December 1. I did a lot of considerations and contemplation. Until now, I have not submitted my resignation though I already have a pending job offer waiting for me from the other company.

Marriage is still a family affair in India. In arranged marriage it's still the elders of the family who decide. I was not listened to when I denied to marry my husband because my mother-in-law demanded dowry both in cash and kind.
Why did your mother in law demand dowry when that's the responsibility of the man's side as far as I know from the Muslim culture, you might have the same in India?

It is not good to decide impulsively. Check the negative and the positive effects. You can also consult that case with a pastor or priest to light your mind in case your parents cannot handle it.

Why did your mother in law demand dowry when that's the responsibility of the man's side as far as I know from the Muslim culture, you might have the same in India?
I am not a Muslim. I am a Hindu and though dowry is illegal in India, the boy's family still demand dowry from the girls family during marriage.

I am not a Muslim. I am a Hindu and though dowry is illegal in India, the boy's family still demand dowry from the girls family during marriage.
That's odd, how could a girl gives dowry to the guy's parents. It's acceptable in the Muslim community being their culture. It's like a reverse psychology. In my part, I cannot tolerate a culture like that I better single forever as long as I have money.

That's odd, how could a girl gives dowry to the guy's parents. It's acceptable in the Muslim community being their culture. It's like a reverse psychology. In my part, I cannot tolerate a culture like that I better single forever as long as I have money.
This system is evil in Indian society. They take dowry and then treat the daughter-in-laws like maids. I should say they marry unpaid maids to their houses with dowry as security.

This system is evil in Indian society. They take dowry and then treat the daughter-in-laws like maids. I should say they marry unpaid maids to their houses with dowry as security.
That kind of barbaric culture must end. How could a wife treated like a slave. She gave dowry but treated that way. If I were the wife , one day is too long for me to stay in the same roof with barbaric husband and in laws, not my type of life and marriage.

That kind of barbaric culture must end. How could a wife treated like a slave. She gave dowry but treated that way. If I were the wife , one day is too long for me to stay in the same roof with barbaric husband and in laws, not my type of life and marriage.
I wife had to adjust in that situation if she doesn't have a job that can support her financially. Had India had well paid jobs this situation would have vanished long ago. When parents of a daughter see she is not getting a good job after her education, they get her married giving whatever they have as dowry.

I wife had to adjust in that situation if she doesn't have a job that can support her financially. Had India had well paid jobs this situation would have vanished long ago. When parents of a daughter see she is not getting a good job after her education, they get her married giving whatever they have as dowry.
I hope that kind of culture no longer exists today. We are now in the digital world and how come your government is still so obsolete? It's better for the young generation to explore to other countries for a change.

I hope that kind of culture no longer exists today. We are now in the digital world and how come your government is still so obsolete? It's better for the young generation to explore to other countries for a change.
Youngsters are exploring other countries but the middle class and poor can't do that. They are the most who suffer. The government is doing almost nothing. The jobs they are creating are not sustainable.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member