How much does it cost a medical insurance in your country?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D Bucks
💵1.731625
Referral Credit
About all American continent requires or includes private medical services, private clinics and private hospitals. A lot of times, private medical services are very better than the public ones, where people must wait months, even years, to get a specialized medical appointment (for ex., an appointment to see a neurologist). In my country, there are basically two kinds of medical insurance: the main, that covers about the 75% of all medical tests, doctors' appointments and surgeries, whose fees increase as the age of the policyholder increases. Averagely, a family of four pays about 600 dollars per month (in any way, in the case of the classic 9 to 5 employment by a private big company, the employer pays the policy for the whole family of the employee, until the children live together in the same household of their parents). A smaller insurance is dedicated to entrepreneurs, self-employed people, teachers and all employees not covered by the main insurance policy. It costs between 15 and 20 dollars per month per policyholder (plus 2 dollars for each family member using the same policy), whatever the age and it covers doctor's appointments, including various specialized medical appointments and allows reduced fees for some medical texts.

That depends on the age of the insured. The older you get, the more expensive is the insurance premium. If the person is in 50s, s(he) has to pay about $1,500-2,000 annually for medical insurance.
You are still lucky, counting on these fees. In my country, these fees (depending on each insurance company) could be charged on a monthly basis (ok, in these cases, the policy should cover the 100% of the services in the best private hospitals).

In Latin America, at least the biggest countries count on public health welfare, but the governmental health services in most of the region are very unsatisfactory at the point people who cannot afford a private medical insurance end up dead, in the case of serious illnesses. Or they lose an eye during a cataract surgery. This year it happened to a third-aged friend of my couple. Now he must stick with monocular vision. In my case, it's six months I'm waiting a call for an ophthalmologist appointment and until today, nothing done.

Like the American continent. If you are affected by chronic diseases, medical services aren't covered by the insurance policy during a period that varies between 6 months and 2 years. As the policyholder's age increases, the fees increase also, at the point a third-aged must be wealthy to pay for a complete coverage. A complete coverage for a third-aged can easily reach the value of 3 minimum salaries.

It very probably will become worse in the future, as all the South American continent and the Caribbean countries are likely to be forced to a retirement age of a minimum of 78 years old, as the World Bank says. But the average lifespan in the Latin lands is between 72 and 75 years old. Obviously, at such an age it's pretty impossible to perform manual jobs. Anybody who isn't rich or at least wealthy will be able to pay for a medical insurance, even the smallest offered in my country, as a lot of third and fourth aged will be forced to survive on charity.

13,027Threads
98,025Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member