• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

How much money do you need for a six-month emergency fund?

It all depends on the income of the person. If his income is below poverty line he can never have an emergency saving. Those who good salaries rely on their medical insurance, ours in Ph the PHILHEALTH, or SSS. It's still better to have an emergency fund.
Typically, an emergency fund is calculated not from income but from a person's expenses each month. If a single person has monthly expenses of around $600 per month, then at least he has an emergency fund of $3600 for 6 months, the bigger the better.

I think that $6000 would be enough for an emergency fund for me for 6 months. That's even because I am single. That can't sustain a family.
That's good, if you have set an emergency fund of around $6000, that's because you are single, so your expenses are around $1k per month, different for those who are married without children and different for those who are married and have children.

11,643Threads
90,714Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member