I'm scammed again, Sigh

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.230750
Referral Credit
I felt sorry for myself for experiencing another scam online again. I forgave myself and promised not to be tempted with the tactics of the fake sellers. I watched a video on Facebook and one seller named Michael Kors Shoes advertised well their Buy 1 Take 1 on Michael K shoes that it attracted me to order. The cost was $50 and it's cheap because they're on Bodega Sales. My order arrived yesterday after one week of waiting. I was so shocked when I opened the 2 boxes, both contained not shoes but plastic glasses covered with thick paper to avoid suspicion. I called the rider to return my money to punish the seller and promised to give him $12 which he agreed. The rider came back, returned my money and shipped back the fake items this day. I must not decide impulsively next time.

Last edited:
I felt sorry for myself for experiencing another scam online again. I forgave myself and promised not to be tempted with the tactics of the fake sellers. I watched a video on Facebook and one seller named Michael Kors Shoes advertised well their Buy 1 Take 1 on Michael K shoes that it attracted me to order. The cost was $50 and it's cheap because they're on Bodega Sales. My order arrived yesterday after one week of waiting. I was so shocked when I opened the 2 boxes, both contained not shoes but plastic glasses covered with thick paper to avoid suspicion. I called the rider to return my money to punish the seller and promised to give him $12 which he agreed. The rider came back, returned my money and shipped back the fake items this day. I must not decide impulsively next time.
Thank God the rider cooperated with you. I was cheated the same way for under garments. I lost my money. I therefore order only from trusted online shops.

at least you got the money back most people don't you have to be careful onile and really look for red flags I always try my best to make sure it is legit because scammers are everywhere these days it also happend to me I got empty trash bag...

Wow, how sad because of this news and others that I prefer to buy on renowned marketplaces, many criminals use fake websites to deceive people.
yes I agree with you it is better to shop in trusted websites I choose the one that seems trusted it is hard to find it because there are a lot of bad ones

yes I agree with you it is better to shop in trusted websites I choose the one that seems trusted it is hard to find it because there are a lot of bad ones
Try using shopping apps, it's also a good idea as you can see when downloading the comments from people who have already used them.

Thank God the rider cooperated with you. I was cheated the same way for under garments. I lost my money. I therefore order only from trusted online shops.
Next time, open the box while the rider is still around to make sure that the rider is legit. It's much better if we stay away from those fake sellers on Facebook or any online selling sites.

I am sad to hear this. There are many scammers online, therefore we must exercise caution. It is preferable to open the package in front of the rider, particularly if the item is expensive. You can report the seller's page.
I already reported it to Facebook management. I think they are banned from selling. My niece reported it to NBI to stop their foolishness. It seems they are the ones operating the Mystery Box.

That is a sad experience that you had, we have learnt from it and we will also exercise caution if we ever get caught in such a situation. With common sense though we just need to ensure that we do not follow the hype and get as many reviews and recommendations as possible. That money is quite a good amount in countries like mine.

So sorry about this, at least am sure you have learnt something form this again. I have heard cases like this happen before but with higher amounts and they where not even able to get it back.

Sorry for this happening again. I usually have a feeling something might go wrong, before something like this happens to me. Great thing if I am unsure of the individual or company that is sending the item.

Scammers are everywhere. It's so tough to avoid them. And in online world, it becomes even more tricky to distinguish between the genuine and the fake. Glad that they have been reported by you and banned on Facebook. That would help others to not be scammed by them. Good that the rider was cooperative.
It's nice that you are reporting them and making people alert about them on various forums and platforms. We have to do that to discourage them from fooling others.

This is one of the reasons most people find it difficult to patronize most busy online

It is so discouraging people from engaging in business online, untrustworthy. They will lose a chance to have a good life because they are more into cheating which they think is a shortcut to gain wealth.

I am sorry to hear that. I know there are scammers everywhere, but they have invaded FB. That's why I stopped using FB 99%.
The bigger those platform get, the more scammers you will find.

Next time, open the box while the rider is still around to make sure that the rider is legit. It's much better if we stay away from those fake sellers on Facebook or any online selling sites.
This is not allowed in India. I got cheated with a vaccum cleaner in the same way. The seller sold a defective vacuum cleaner to me through Flipkart.

I was s attracted n how the sellers convinced the viewers. From now on, I will never look at them or watch their videos. they are luring people to rob them.
They are masters on their trade. About 2 years ago I was buying a monkey, I remember I was putting gas on my truck when I was getting ready to do the trip to go and get it, I was about to give the seller a deposit until he requested to send it as "Family & Friends" on PayPal. That put me on alert, I did some more research just to find out it was a scam. The scammer had duplicated a real FB profile. It's simply scary what they do to scam others.
Please, to anyone, don't ever send money using PayPal as Family and Friends unless you know personally that person or you are willing to loose that money. You cannot charge back if money is sent that way.

13,073Threads
98,378Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member