In Indonesia, lizard-hunting feeds families – and China’s traditional medicine industry

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
The house lizard is not the only gecko species used for traditional medicine, and the Indonesian government has set quotas for various species. The lizard catchers are given a quota this year to catch 2.5 million geckos. Those who are interested join this catch and they will receive pay. It was not mentioned how much is the payment for the 2.5 million geckos caught. They can be caught as pets or for consumption, said Dr Satyawan Pudyatmoko, director general of natural resources and ecosystem conservation at the Ministry of Environment and Forestry.

News said that there are more than five export permit holders who work with small enterprises and hunters in villages

They can be caught as pets or for consumption. I don't think I can keep them as a per or consume them
No, they do not pet the lizard, they catch them for money. Their government also urges the people there though they can consume the lizard, gosh.

No, they do not pet the lizard, they catch them for money. Their government also urges the people there though they can consume the lizard, gosh.
Mate, I can't even stand lizards let alone eating them. I don't like lizards and snakes

Mate, I can't even stand lizards let alone eating them. I don't like lizards and snakes
It's horribly funny mate, I better eat soil than a lizard 🤣. A lizard is so disgusting to look at how much more eating it lol. My sister is in a hysterical shout once I mentioned lizard.

if I was here I could just help to hunt them to make money but would not try eating them as I can't stand such
It's horribly funny mate, I better eat soil than a lizard 🤣. A lizard is so disgusting to look at how much more eating it lol. My sister is in a hysterical shout once I mentioned lizard.
I

if I was here I could just help to hunt them to make money but would not try eating them as I can't stand such

I
I think lizards are sacred. They kissed the ground wherever they are during Angelus at 6no o'clock in the evening as if thanking God for the whole day's survival.

13,202Threads
99,065Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member