In what ways may "knowing too much" help or hurt you?

deucher

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.006625
Referral Credit
My parents have always warned me that having too much knowledge will prevent me from getting a good night's sleep. When my parents said it, I simply accepted it at that point. However, as I got older, I began to question if that was indeed the case, and it proved out not to be the case for me. On the other hand, I'd like to learn a lot more so that I can become more knowledgeable and influence others. If you possess a great deal of information, I believe you will even begin to think more clearly.

Your parents are right but you have proved them wrong. Everything you do in life have two side effects. Nothing in life offers man only benefit without corresponding negative effects. The more you acquire knowledge, the more you are knowing the good and the bad of that knowledge.

In my experience knowing too much destroys that magical sense of the unknown, you have so much reasoning that instinct is not an option. There are things in the world that go beyond reason, and that is something that few intellectuals will be able to find out.

13,189Threads
98,985Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member