• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Investments Investors must avoid

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.568550
Referral Credit
The following investments are considered toxic, so investors are advised not to push through their plans of investing them like subprime mortgages, annuities, penny stocks., high-yield bonds, private placements, and traditional savings accounts at major banks. A sub-prime mortgage is a home loan available to borrowers with limited credit, but interest high, so it is a toxic way of investing. Annuities are also considered toxic in the sense that the payer may pay to the insurance company many times either single or a series of payments. It is a contract between you and the insurance company.

Penny stocks are those traded at a very low price. It also has a very low market capitalization, hence, it is listed on a smaller exchange. A high-yield bond is a bond that offers a high-interest rate. This is because of its higher risk of default. It is not good to invest in this. There seems less surety. Others fall to the same description, risk, fewer returns, and interest rates go up for the investors. Let us get rid of these toxic investments.

Traditional savings account may still be an option for many but they must ve very updated on the financial status of the bank because even big banks can close down and you will not be able to recover the full amount of your savings.

Traditional savings account may still be an option for many but they must ve very updated on the financial status of the bank because even big banks can close down and you will not be able to recover the full amount of your savings.
There are many banks merged in the past and the possibility that it will happen again at present. Saving in a local bank is the preference of the savers with the assurance of a safety deposit.

There are many banks merged in the past and the possibility that it will happen again at present. Saving in a local bank is the preference of the savers with the assurance of a safety deposit.
Same here they are a lot of merger banks here in my country and I like it that thru are folding up and running with investors money. The bank should be a safe place for all depositors and one that is not should be avoided to avoid financial setbacks.

The following investments are considered toxic, so investors are advised not to push through their plans of investing them like subprime mortgages, annuities, penny stocks., high-yield bonds, private placements, and traditional savings accounts at major banks. A sub-prime mortgage is a home loan available to borrowers with limited credit, but interest high, so it is a toxic way of investing. Annuities are also considered toxic in the sense that the payer may pay to the insurance company many times either single or a series of payments. It is a contract between you and the insurance company.

Penny stocks are those traded at a very low price. It also has a very low market capitalization, hence, it is listed on a smaller exchange. A high-yield bond is a bond that offers a high-interest rate. This is because of its higher risk of default. It is not good to invest in this. There seems less surety. Others fall to the same description, risk, fewer returns, and interest rates go up for the investors. Let us get rid of these toxic investments.

Well, I am the kind of person who never invests in bonds, mutual fund, etc. This is because I am really against earning interest. Such kind of investments may never benefit at all. In fact, such investments never benefit the investor as well if you look at it at a larger scale. When you invest money in a trading market, you may receive more benefit. You could invest in real gold and it may pay off later on. This is how many traders make money and it is much better than earning interest.

Same here they are a lot of merger banks here in my country and I like it that thru are folding up and running with investors money. The bank should be a safe place for all depositors and one that is not should be avoided to avoid financial setbacks.
Investors must be smart and never be victimized by fraudsters. There are banks that declared bankruptcy but the real scenario is the money of the depositors was stolen by a bank manager. This happened in my country and people sued the bank and the manager.

I have never really tried any of these investments before though. I think to be on a safer side, it would be better to seek the aid of a financial advisor who would put you through before making any kind of investment.

Investors must be smart and never be victimized by fraudsters. There are banks that declared bankruptcy but the real scenario is the money of the depositors was stolen by a bank manager. This happened in my country and people sued the bank and the manager.

Unfortunately, there are many fraudsters who may try their best to scam people. They impersonate other people and they scam others. For example, they may pretend to be representatives of an investment company and convince people to invest with them. Many people may invest money and lose money as a result of that. This is a very big problem.

Unfortunately, there are many fraudsters who may try their best to scam people. They impersonate other people and they scam others. For example, they may pretend to be representatives of an investment company and convince people to invest with them. Many people may invest money and lose money as a result of that. This is a very big problem.
I don't have a doubt that it existed because I was newly victimised on the web and the negotiator was my friend. I agree on your contention that fraudsters could impersonate and do tricks to get what they need and that's the hard earned money.

Merging is an option for most banks to stay in business. The larger banks becomes the surviving bank and retaining its name. The saver must choose carefully the bank. Although there is an insurance for the savings this may not be enough to cover the full deposit in an eventual closure of a bank.

Merging is an option for most banks to stay in business. The larger banks becomes the surviving bank and retaining its name. The saver must choose carefully the bank. Although there is an insurance for the savings this may not be enough to cover the full deposit in an eventual closure of a bank.
That is true only big banks survive and small banks need to merge with big banks, I experienced 7 years ago, when the bank where I saved my money was merged with BPI bank, and was late to know so my credit card surcharged me a ridiculous interest.

Unfortunately, it happens with traditional socials. Telegram, for ex., is full of such fraudsters very eager to propose this and that wonderful and must-have investment (they pick our contact from telegram groups we use cause online jobs). The best thing to do is to mute them.

I don't have a doubt that it existed because I was newly victimised on the web and the negotiator was my friend. I agree on your contention that fraudsters could impersonate and do tricks to get what they need and that's the hard earned money.

HYIP investments should be avoided under all circumstances. There have been many cases where many investors lost thousands of dollars. This is unbelievable. They initially believed that they will be benefited. However, it was a ll a scam, so HYIPs should be avoided under all circumstances.

A scam happens if the person himself does not observe whether the first party if legit or fake. It is best to gather data through inquiry or to check the feedback on the web.

before investing in many different kinds of HYIPs, I never considered conducting proper research. I once came across a HYIP that even had a YouTube channel. They showed their office and employees, so I was convinced that they are legit. However, they were certainly a fraudulent company.

before investing in many different kinds of HYIPs, I never considered conducting proper research. I once came across a HYIP that even had a YouTube channel. They showed their office and employees, so I was convinced that they are legit. However, they were certainly a fraudulent company.
That was terribly planned scam. The fraudsters are professionals and experts in handling treachery. Those who immediately believed will certainly be carried.

That was terribly planned scam. The fraudsters are professionals and experts in handling treachery. Those who immediately believed will certainly be carried.

This was not the only company that was involved in such kind of scam. During the course of many years, I have come across many such kind of companies. There was this another company who had a very large office. They had social media accounts and this is why they gained popularity. I wonder how come they spend so much money on such advertisement.

This was not the only company that was involved in such kind of scam. During the course of many years, I have come across many such kind of companies. There was this another company who had a very large office. They had social media accounts and this is why they gained popularity. I wonder how come they spend so much money on such advertisement.
They are skilled and manipulative. I think they studied all about their techniques and how to lure people to scam. Let us not right away believe such kind of people.

Last edited:
They are skilled and manipulative. I think they studied all about their techniques and how to lure people to scam. Let us not right away live sich kind of people.

Well, they prepare the best kind of professional presentation. It is also quite possible that they also rent places for a small time period in order to make it look like they have a big office. This may also deceive investors as well who may invest in such kind of pyramid schemes.

12,060Threads
92,991Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member