Is having siblings better than being an only child?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.358176
Referral Credit
Although there is conflicting evidence about the relative advantages of having only one child vs. having a sibling, only one child may benefit from being the focus of attention throughout their early years, potentially contributing to the development of resilience, self-worth, and self-reliability. But having siblings exposes kids to a variety of personalities, viewpoints, and hobbies, which broadens their appreciation of diversity and makes sibling connections emotionally significant and vital throughout childhood and adulthood. A child's initial peer group is their siblings, and through bargaining with them, they develop social skills, especially in handling conflict.

For me, as I have siblings and am the youngest, I really appreciate my big sisters, even if we are not that close due to our big age gap. Back when I was still a child, I really enjoyed being with my eldest sister because she always spoiled me with toys and foods. and even now, whenever she travels, I always have something from her. I can't imagine life without them. and I can't imagine myself being an only child.

What about you? Which do you think is better?

Though it usually depends on how you see it but for me I think it is better to have siblings. Growing up would be a lot more fun when you have siblings than when you are the only child.

Having siblings and being the only child have advantage and disadvantage.
For me having siblings is definitely fun. As we don't need to go out to look for friends to play with. Plus we get to bond with them even we are older.
Sometimes the exciting part were the fights.

Although there is conflicting evidence about the relative advantages of having only one child vs. having a sibling, only one child may benefit from being the focus of attention throughout their early years, potentially contributing to the development of resilience, self-worth, and self-reliability. But having siblings exposes kids to a variety of personalities, viewpoints, and hobbies, which broadens their appreciation of diversity and makes sibling connections emotionally significant and vital throughout childhood and adulthood. A child's initial peer group is their siblings, and through bargaining with them, they develop social skills, especially in handling conflict.

For me, as I have siblings and am the youngest, I really appreciate my big sisters, even if we are not that close due to our big age gap. Back when I was still a child, I really enjoyed being with my eldest sister because she always spoiled me with toys and foods. and even now, whenever she travels, I always have something from her. I can't imagine life without them. and I can't imagine myself being an only child.

Being the only child makes a child selfish. A child with siblings learns to share in life and also be compassionate.

Being the only child makes a child selfish. A child with siblings learns to share in life and also be compassionate.
Yes, and most of the only children are spoiled, and there will be a tendency for them to have bad behaviors.

Yes, and most of the only children are spoiled, and there will be a tendency for them to have bad behaviors.
That's really true because their parents invariably overlook their bad behaviour.

Having siblings is more fun that being the only child, being the only child makes such child feel lonely, left out and may cause the child to mingle with strangers irrespective of what they do.

13,166Threads
98,853Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member