Is it advisable for a company to retain a tax lawyer? | Discussion Bucks

Is it advisable for a company to retain a tax lawyer?

pinway

Discussion Enthusiast
Novice Scribe
Sep 27, 2023
D Bucks
💵1.967125
Referral Credit
In the intricacies of the taxation process it is highly advisable for a company to retain a tax lawyer or in order to save it is advisable to hire a lawyer with tax expertise. Taxation is so complex that some accountants may miss considering some items and it's very inconvenient for a business to be issued special assessments. If there's a tax lawyer in the company legal issues relative to taxation can be easily dealt with. If a company is at default at least negotiation with the authority is easier through the help of tax lawyers.

It's a very good decision to retain a tax lawyer. It helps the busines and it's safe too because there's a ready expert to settle everything to double check the results of the accountant's work.

• Like Button
Reactions: pinway
It's indeed very advisable as the lawyer would offer some legal advice to the company which is a very important service for the business to have ever.

• Like Button
I think it is extremely important a company should have a lawyer, especially to help them sort out all the legal issues.

• Like Button
It is the expertise of a tax layer. He knows well his position and designation. People are afraid to commit mistakes in an office or establishment. They will be stopped by the tax lawyer, especially for evading tax.

Tax lawyer services are of course very different from accountant services, tax lawyers will handle tax criminal disputes in court, especially if your business is involved in a tax case, such as tax debts or falsifying tax documents. Tax lawyers cannot check/inspect accountants' work because in law faculties there are no calculations and mathematics like in economics faculties.

• Like Button
Tax lawyer services are of course very different from accountant services, tax lawyers will handle tax criminal disputes in court, especially if your business is involved in a tax case, such as tax debts or falsifying tax documents. Tax lawyers cannot check/inspect accountants' work because in law faculties there are no calculations and mathematics like in economics faculties.
There are however many lawyers in our country who are also accountants. That they think is a very lucrative profession and can address corporate client needs.

There are however many lawyers in our country who are also accountants. That they think is a very lucrative profession and can address corporate client needs.
Even if someone has two skills as a lawyer and accountant, is it possible for him to carry out his specialization perfectly, does he also have permission to establish a lawyer firm and public accountant? The two disciplines or professions are very different unless one specializes in tax law or forensic accounting.

Last edited:
My friend was a lawyer and a CPA and he owned a private office where he could do his work as a lawyer and as a Certified Public Accountant.

My friend was a lawyer and a CPA and he owned a private office where he could do his work as a lawyer and as a Certified Public Accountant.
It is rare for a person to be able to hold two very different professions, because both of these professions really require time and activity so that he can master all the different things or problems.

It is rare for a person to be able to hold two very different professions, because both of these professions really require time and activity so that he can master all the different things or problems.
My friend lawyer has his co - associates tasks to do the transaction in his behalf if he has a court hearing. He's wise though not morally right for me.

My friend lawyer has his co - associates tasks to do the transaction in his behalf if he has a court hearing. He's wise though not morally right for me.
However, they will be very busy using their energy and thoughts, because they have to double as a lawyer and accountant, especially when the end of the year will certainly be very busy.

However, they will be very busy using their energy and thoughts, because they have to double as a lawyer and accountant, especially when the end of the year will certainly be very busy.
The lawyer has his own secretary he trained and he's the one doing the finalisation. Atty. Ediza schedules his court hearings likewise the accounting related business. He was Top 3 in the Bar Exam. He's a brilliant, young lawyer. It was my dream before to become a lawyer.

The lawyer has his own secretary he trained and he's the one doing the finalisation. Atty. Ediza schedules his court hearings likewise the accounting related business. He was Top 3 in the Bar Exam. He's a brilliant, young lawyer. It was my dream before to become a lawyer.
As a leader, of course he will have more headaches than his employees, because the leader is responsible for all activities that will occur. The public accounting service alone is very busy, taking care of many clients, let alone the duties of a lawyer, woo, of course he won't be able to sleep soundly.

• Love
Reactions: Starmix
As a leader, of course he will have more headaches than his employees, because the leader is responsible for all activities that will occur. The public accounting service alone is very busy, taking care of many clients, let alone the duties of a lawyer, woo, of course he won't be able to sleep soundly.
It's a perfect answer my friend, he's a greedy man. I told him to let his sister who's also an accountant to manage the accounting office but dunno why he's so selfish. I learned that his sister was hired by an American banker to work in their bank and she's now in New Jersey. She's having a huge salary when converted to Ph money.

• Love
Reactions: Suba
Most SMEs here do not retain a tax lawyer as you have to pay for retainer fee. They only hire the service of the lawyer when the company encounters problems. Bigger companies usually retain the service of a tax lawyer.

I think that depends on the nature of the business. For instance if the business is capable of taking care of the expenses that comes with hiring of the lawyer that is good to go.