• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Is it advisable to borrow money from family members to start a business?

When I was about to start my general store business. Then I was thinking to borrow some money from my relative, but finally I decided to start it by my own, because borrowed money will cause long-term problems.
Absolutely, it causes problems in the relationship if you can't return the borrowed money on time. I have seen lots of friendships broken because of money alone. That's why I don't borrow or lend money to friends or relatives most of the time; it depends on the situation.

My dad gave me money for my business which I was supposed to pay back. I never did and the old man doesn't even bother about the money. I can only borrow money from family.

This is the one reason sometimes family hesitate to give out their monies because they know they might not get it back.
But if I give money for business startup to a family member, I don't expect to be paid back. That's what family is for.

11,941Threads
92,349Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member