Is it in your culture to invite your visitor to dine with you at home?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.772700
Referral Credit
When I toured in Auckland, New Zealand, I noticed their culture different from the culture in my country. My beloved country, Philippines once having a visitor at home we never hesitate to offer him or her a plate to dine with us whereas, in Auckland I was shocked of their culture, they never invite their visitor to dine with them unless invited for a special occasion.

In the United States that's also their culture not to offer a visitor something to eat or join to dine. But in this digital age culture is diminishing so dunno if people in the USA changed their culture. Whatever it it is, let's always respect one's culture.

Over here I can't really say it's part of our culture but whenever we are eating and a visitor comes in, we simply invite them to join us mainly out of courtesy, expecting that the visitor would decline out of courtesy as well, but some would opening agree 🙄. For me though, whenever a visitor comes I always run away with my food cause am not even comfortable eating when someone else is around.

13,176Threads
98,906Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member