• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is it really necessary to spend so much sending your child to an elite school?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.701705
Referral Credit
One of the expenses most parents won't compromise or seek to cut costs on is the education of their kids. I actually grew up in an environment where my dad would starve to send us, the kids to elite schools at the time.

Is it a good financial decision to spend so much money sending your child to an elite school? Or you think that is one area you could compromise on?

I don't think is necessary because most of the elite schools is simply to show off and connect with other influential people. Most times, those elite school don't use to give quality education. The best option is to put your child in any school you can afford and give your ward home training.

Usually private schools give quality education to kids. Kids learned a lot. The teachers are well paid which is why they are doing their best to teach the kids according to the vision and mission of the school. It's best to send the kids to standard schools. Their educational back ground matters a lot for the next level.

Usually students from top rated schools are from rich backgrounds so they cannot be easily purchased or bribed. While government resume robbery of engineers from top colleges is a major problem in some countries, if the engineer has studied in a top school with wealthy classmates some of them may not agree to resume robbery.

First off, the best legacy you can give a child is good or quality education. So it isn't about any elite school but the standard of the school. it should be a school that is actually grooming the children
But it is believed that elite schools with their huge fees offer the best standard of learning for a child. Do you think one can get the best standard in a non elite school?

But it is believed that elite schools with their huge fees offer the best standard of learning for a child. Do you think one can get the best standard in a non elite school?
Yeah I believe in standard schools with well equipped facilities and teachers. You don't need the overly schools. Just go for standard schools.

It depends on you as a parent. I believe everyone wants the best for their kids but the things is the best you can afford might not be the same best the next person can afford.

First of all, I believe that it is necessary to give the child the best education, and if you planned for this child, then it is worth spending money on an elite school, but if you did not plan or you do not want to spend a lot on the child, then you can also attend a public school

Not necessary, but if the parents can afford to send their children to elite schools, then so be it. If I will have children, I will just send them to a regular school.
Yes if one can afford why not. you just give the child the best and education inclusive. it isn't a bad idea.

I would always give my child the best of education. It must not necessarily be an elite school but the education must be excellent especially in the foundational stages.

Quality of education is something I would not compromise with as a parent. My daughters have been to best schools in the Town. And they both have secured good colleges with their merit. But luckily, these schools and colleges were not too expensive and out of reach. A good quality education that grooms the child well need not be an expensive one.

Some people are of the argument that sending your child to an elite school would help them to have connections that may turn out very valuable in life.

12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member