• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is it true that physical money will soon be replaced by crypto and eMoney?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.329700
Referral Credit
I increasingly rarely see people making payment transactions using physical money, either paper or metal, but now more people are using smartphones to pay for the goods they buy, whether the payment is made using crypto, mbanking, emoney, etc. So I think that the use of physical money will end, not only in my country but also in many countries, what do you think, will physical money be replaced by digital money?

There was a time I strongly believed this but at the moment I doubt that. Emoney and crypto currency would definitely have a place but I don't think it is anywhere near replacing paper money for now.

I believe that soon, maybe next 50 years, the world will not need physical money. The world is turning to global village and transactions is becoming more independent and seamless. If we can experience such improvement now, what will it be in next fifty years.

I believe that soon, maybe next 50 years, the world will not need physical money. The world is turning to global village and transactions is becoming more independent and seamless. If we can experience such improvement now, what will it be in next fifty years.
I don't think it would take that long. I think that in just 10 years, physical money would disappear. Digital money is rapidly growing in bounds and leaps in adoption even in my own country.

You ae right few years ack we all used to pay and trad goods with cash paper money, but now we are using the mobile banking transfer and online money transfer methods for payments, but i don't think crypto payments will be that popular in some country because they are banning crypto uses.

It may happen in my country only after the approval of the Senate. It's not a one man rule and not all people in countries hold crypto or any coins, that's absurdity.
For crypto, of course the rules will be different in each country, but for mbanking, ewallet and emoney are a country's national currency so their use cannot be stopped, so they will be more practical to use than paper money which we will gradually abandon.

It takes years before it becomes materialise. Maybe in your country but in my country with 105 million people it's impossible for people to adapt it. Our government is diplomatic, the voice of the citizens is of primal importance.

It takes years before it becomes materialise. Maybe in your country but in my country with 105 million people it's impossible for people to adapt it. Our government is diplomatic, the voice of the citizens is of primal importance.
But what about you, do you use mbanking, ewallet or emoney in your business so that every customer can easily pay with exact money and doesn't need change or your business still accepts physical money.

But what about you, do you use mbanking, ewallet or emoney in your business so that every customer can easily pay with exact money and doesn't need change or your business still accepts physical money.
People here use cash in peso or debit card. They will not come back if tease them. I have ewallet many already adapted it.

People here use cash in peso or debit card. They will not come back if tease them. I have ewallet many already adapted it.
This means that you have also used digital money, both debit cards and ewallets, so that business services will be smoother, and make it very easy for consumers who don't carry cash.

This means that you have also used digital money, both debit cards and ewallets, so that business services will be smoother, and make it very easy for consumers who don't carry cash.
Yes, but only a very few people doing it only businessmen for easy transactions. And those people insanely wealth live their homes cashless for safety.

Yes, but only a very few people doing it only businessmen for easy transactions. And those people insanely wealth live their homes cashless for safety.
Even though it's still small at the moment, sooner or later more and more people will use digital money, not just rich people, like me can also use digital money which is more practical and safer.

Even though it's still small at the moment, sooner or later more and more people will use digital money, not just rich people, like me can also use digital money which is more practical and safer.
That might happen, no prejudice as time changes people also change their attitudes and lifestyles.

That might happen, no prejudice as time changes people also change their attitudes and lifestyles.
True, time will change human lifestyles and attitudes, starting from the stone age, golden age and digital age. We are currently living in the digital age and all activities can be done at home.

True, time will change human lifestyles and attitudes, starting from the stone age, golden age and digital age. We are currently living in the digital age and all activities can be done at home.
From young age to old age the gap is years to double our outputs of changes that may lead to a better chance , change, and style adaptations.

For crypto, of course the rules will be different in each country, but for mbanking, ewallet and emoney are a country's national currency so their use cannot be stopped, so they will be more practical to use than paper money which we will gradually abandon.
In my country the government is supporting the use of e-money and e-wallet and most of the society are learning to use it, but still there are some aged people who don't understand how to use it, and yeah paper money will have less users, but i don't think crypto will compete wit fiat currency.

In my country the government is supporting the use of e-money and e-wallet and most of the society are learning to use it, but still there are some aged people who don't understand how to use it, and yeah paper money will have less users, but i don't think crypto will compete wit fiat currency.
In my country crypto is not accepted in all areas, but crypto is accepted as a means of payment only on the island of Bali, Bitcoin ATMs are also available there. So however crypto can only be used for online payments and trading on exchanges.

In my country crypto is not accepted in all areas, but crypto is accepted as a means of payment only on the island of Bali, Bitcoin ATMs are also available there. So however crypto can only be used for online payments and trading on exchanges.
It takes some time till crypto is fully accepted around the world, in my country the peoples who have idea about bitcoin is small, and from them only few know what cryptocurrency is, they don't think that are another crypto coin they only know bitcoin.

12,059Threads
92,986Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member