• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is it true that physical money will soon be replaced by crypto and eMoney?

It takes some time till crypto is fully accepted around the world, in my country the peoples who have idea about bitcoin is small, and from them only few know what cryptocurrency is, they don't think that are another crypto coin they only know bitcoin.
Even in countries that accept crypto such as Japan, not all shops can accept Bitcoin for payment, so we also have to have cash on hand. But I don't know, in El Salvador whether all shops accept Bitcoin or not.

There was a time I strongly believed this but at the moment I doubt that. Emoney and crypto currency would definitely have a place but I don't think it is anywhere near replacing paper money for now.
Same thought I'm having especially when it comes to people in the rural areas I doubt it would be possible.

Same thought I'm having especially when it comes to people in the rural areas I doubt it would be possible.
Very true, most of them do not trust anything that has to do with Internet, so I doubt they will be even prepared to use it relating to their money.

Very true, most of them do not trust anything that has to do with Internet, so I doubt they will be even prepared to use it relating to their money.
Lol you are right about this. In fact a lot of them.judt believe it is about Yahoo only online. So anything online isn't their business

E money would surely replace their physical cash equivalents. But for crypto, it would stay in it's place as an alternative payment for cross border payments, and they would work in pari pasu with fiat currencies.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member