• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is Redmi the most reliable midrange smartphone now?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.018498
Referral Credit
I don't know how it goes in other regions but it seems like Redmi is the most favoured and popular smartphone model within the mid range level. It is a Chinese phone brand and they have good specs for the price they go for.

Is Redmi phones that popular in your country too?

Yes, it is pretty popular here. And I see many people using it for mid range level. It has great features too for the price and it does offer the quality too. My previous phone was Redmi and it served well for seven years. My current one is gifted by my brother in law and it is of Oppo. Oppo is another popular brand here for mid range mobile.

Redmi phones are popular because they are affordable and use the latest Android features. I have also purchased LYF , Samsung and Itel phones, but they are easily hacked or their battery gets drained quickly.

Redmi is good and reabile but it have to much bloatware apps with ads. I had 9C which didn't had so much ads but my friend have model 12 and he say there is to much software which he can't deinstall but he don't use it.
I know you are a techie. Is there absolutely no way one can uninstall those bloatwares from the phone?

Redmi is still a new brand though they have achieved some level of success. Therecare a lot of new brands that are equally okay. Somecof them are Oppo, Techno, itel and host of new brands which are affordable.
Oppo is also one mad brand that is doing wonders in the mobile industry. It is giving established brands with superior gadgets for good prices. Redmi has gained the trust of many people in my country.

You need very, very high knwoledge but in that case you can srew entire OS and and everything else. Even advanced users don't know how to remove it.
I think if you give it to a software engineer, they would be able to fix it for you. All it needs is just to gain root access to the device and uninstall all those apps.

I when it comes to pocket friendly phones, redmi is definitely one of them, but we have other nice phones like infinix, Tecno and itel.
Those brands that you mentioned are complete crap when you consider them in comparison with Redmi. Those brands can't sell in US but Redmi sells there.

Those brands that you mentioned are complete crap when you consider them in comparison with Redmi. Those brands can't sell in US but Redmi sells there.
But we are not in the US, yes redmi is becoming very popular in Nigeria, but when you talk about budget friendly phones here in Nigeria, the phones you would hear about more are Tecno, infinix and even itel these days are coming up. And with budget friendly phones you can't really get everything you want from it.

I don't know how it goes in other regions but it seems like Redmi is the most favoured and popular smartphone model within the mid range level. It is a Chinese phone brand and they have good specs for the price they go for.

Is Redmi phones that popular in your country too?
(a) Never heard of Redmi phones.
(b) Given its of Chinese origin, I wouldn't want one nor would I ever purchase it (same as with anything built/made by Huawei or ZTE).

(a) Never heard of Redmi phones.
(b) Given its of Chinese origin, I wouldn't want one nor would I ever purchase it (same as with anything built/made by Huawei or ZTE).
I know that you are American and you guys don't rate China and Chinese made products. But if you drop the bias, you would agree with me that Huawei is an excellent company when it comes to mobile technology.

But if you drop the bias, you would agree with me that Huawei is an excellent company when it comes to mobile technology.
No bias there, it was an honest statement.
And there are better cell phone makers out there -= Samsung, Apple, LG, Blu, XMobile, etc.
I know that you are American and you guys don't rate China and Chinese made products.
Americans would rate them higher if but for the fact that China is essentially run by aggressive authoritarians who make Hitler and Tojo (the respectivel leaders of Germany & Japan pre-WW2) look like amateurs at threatening other countries whenever they don't get their way.

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member