Is the business of selling data subscription a profitable business?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.080705
Referral Credit
One of the digital products that you can sell online is data subscription. You can buy in bulk at discounted rates from internet service providers and re-sell it in small bandwidths to everyday internet users.

How profitable is it to start such a business of selling data subscription? Which conditions are necessary for it to be highly profitable?

l am aware of that business. However the profit margin for that products is very slim. one needs to buy tons of airtime for them to get anything substantial.
That's not quite true. You could make a substantial profit just from selling 5GB of data. And it is best as a side hustle that can generate something small.

From what I know, the two variables that power this business is where you source your data subscription and the demand you have. If these two variables are positive for you, you would easily succeed in the business of selling data subscription.

l am aware of that business. However the profit margin for that products is very slim. one needs to buy tons of airtime for them to get anything substantial.
Yes, this business needs fast sales as the profit isn't much but you can make profit if you have enough sales.

As at last year I also included the sales of data as part of my services. I sell data at a more cheaper rate. To be honest the only way you can make huge profit from this is if you have a huge customer base and they mostly buy large data. There is very little profit when people buy 1GB or 2GB. And the key is your price has to be cheaper than the offers given to them on their provider network.

As at last year I also included the sales of data as part of my services. I sell data at a more cheaper rate. To be honest the only way you can make huge profit from this is if you have a huge customer base and they mostly buy large data. There is very little profit when people buy 1GB or 2GB. And the key is your price has to be cheaper than the offers given to them on their provider network.
You are right I did same and I realise that you need high sales to make profit. Yes your price should be cheap too.

12,039Threads
92,835Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member