Marrying a poor spouse

Do you think love will be enough to live with a spouse that is poor. I mean is financially handicapped. Would you enjoy the marriage?
When I married my husband he wasn't earning well. We faced financial trouble but life went on and gradually everything got better. I did a job whenever I got one and today at least now I have my own house and have the basic necessities of life.

Well, I am a 48 year old man, 75% handicapped, without money and also with a very serious problem that I will unfortunately have to endure for years. Do you really think anyone would still want to marry me in my condition?

Well, I am a 48 year old man, 75% handicapped, without money and also with a very serious problem that I will unfortunately have to endure for years. Do you really think anyone would still want to marry me in my condition?
Yes if you love the person why not. I'm sure the person would want to love you back

What is important is to have an honest conversation and agree on where you would like to start from. If it is okay to start a simple life with very little then it is okay but if you want the man to provide some certain basics then it is not fine to marry a poor person. You need to be deliberate and know what you want. In this time and era, everyone must bring a little something on the table but the Man must be the one who should herd the house and be a provider.

I would say that it is tough to survive with financial crisis. Ideally, life is good with financial independence and abundance. But when it comes to marriage, your finances do play an important role but should never play the central role. I have seen poor couples starting poor avd humble and growing well in their financial space with hardwork and support of each other.

If I ever have to marry someone like that, I will make sure to inspire him and work alongside him so that he will also strive financially and set goals to be motivated. But thank God, I met a person who, though not super rich, can still manage his finances. There may be times of financial struggle, but I know we can get through it together.

It depends though, for most persons it is usually not enough. At first they might feel they will be able to cope with things but as time goes up, they might want more.

It depends though, for most persons it is usually not enough. At first they might feel they will be able to cope with things but as time goes up, they might want more.
So do you think that a lack of money due, for example, to one of the two losing their job, could lead to a relationship crisis?
Because although I am neither married nor accompanied, unfortunately I hear bad news about family disputes (or unfortunately even something much worse!) often caused by lack of money.
Thank you.

So do you think that a lack of money due, for example, to one of the two losing their job, could lead to a relationship crisis?
Because although I am neither married nor accompanied, unfortunately I hear bad news about family disputes (or unfortunately even something much worse!) often caused by lack of money.
Thank you.
I think it is when the spouse stop showing support. You don't have money but you become very proud that is wrong.

When I married my husband he wasn't earning well. We faced financial trouble but life went on and gradually everything got better. I did a job whenever I got one and today at least now I have my own house and have the basic necessities of life.
Yeah, that's how it should be, spouse should try to help their partner to rise up again when facing financial difficulties instead of comparing them to their mates and making them feel bad about it .

Excuse me, is there any woman/girl here who has had a similar experience in the past?

In my case it's a big NO to marry a poor guy. I don't want to live with lots of struggles living with a financially distressed person. Love surely flies away, but if he has a job despite poor, I may assess his capability meaning if he has a somewhat business mindset so I could coach him if none, sorry. I may say ' I love you, goodbye.'

Yeah, that's how it should be, spouse should try to help their partner to rise up again when facing financial difficulties instead of comparing them to their mates and making them feel bad about it .
If women cannot take financial responsibility, they don't deserve shout for women's empowerment.

In my friends and family I have seen many as they married with rich girls and get fortune and slaughtered their self respect. But if someone marry with poor or at least middle class girl then she will listen him and obey his right orders. Nowadays rich women want their dominance.

13,195Threads
99,013Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member