• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Minimum amount you should have before thinking of marriage?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.911705
Referral Credit
People have to plan their life and gauge the financial implications of every move they make. Anyone that is considering marriage must have some level of financial leverage before thinking of that and making that move.

How much should one have before such a person considers marriage?

If I imagine the minimum amount I will probably never find it, but the most important thing is that we have to have a steady income, a side hustle, savings, investments and have a house to live in after marriage, so we only think about the wedding costs, whether it should be luxurious or simple.

I don't think there is a minimum amount, because one thing most people tend to forget is that there is life after the marriage day. So before considering marriage, you need to also think of how to survive after the marriage.

I can't give a specific amount. It depends on if one would want a big wedding or a small one.
For me, it is not even about the cost of the wedding. It is more about the cost of maintaining a living after the wedding. That's where many marriages crash. Financial reasons.

Before tying the knot, they must be financially secure or stable. Marriage is not a joke, so stability in all aspects is necessary. These days, given the rising cost of living, it is essential to have a job, side hustles, and maybe even a business. They must also have savings and an emergency fund.

12,094Threads
93,211Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member