Nigerian socialite fined 10 million naira for Naira abuse

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.644950
Referral Credit
Nigerian Businessman and socialite, Pascal Okechukwu, popularly called Cubana Chief Priest, was arraigned yesterday before a Federal High Court which was sitting in Lagos. This is for an alleged spraying and tampering with naira notes at social events.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges and he was granted bail in the sum of N10 million with two sureties in like sum.

He was however being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC. he was alleged to have committed the offence on February 13, 2024, by spraying the naira notes at Eko Hotel, Lagos, while dancing during a social event.he was also alleged to have tampered with funds in the denomination of N500 notes by spraying the notes for two hours

So this unlawful act according to the commission, are contrary to and punishable under Section 21(1) of the Central Bank Act of 2007.But he pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.

I think EFCC should pay more attention to more serious issue like money laundering and embezzlement of public fund. Tampering with naira is though a crime but we have more important areas to attain to . Millions of dollars are been siphoned out of the country on the daily basis.

I think EFCC should pay more attention to more serious issue like money laundering and embezzlement of public fund. Tampering with naira is though a crime but we have more important areas to attain to . Millions of dollars are been siphoned out of the country on the daily basis.
,You have totally mirrored my point. EFFC are just chasing shadows. I don't even understand them leaving to do the best to just minor issues.

13,179Threads
98,931Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member