NLC in Nigeria has declared an indefinite nationwide strike from Monday, June 3rd

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.877950
Referral Credit
The organised Labour has declared an indefinite nationwide strike from Monday, June 3rd in Nigeria. This is over the failure of the federal government to conclude negotiations on a new national minimum wage for workers . Another is the reverse of the hike in the electricity tariff.

The President of NLC, Joe Ajaero, revealed this at an ongoing press conference in Labour House, Abuja states that strike begins by midnight of Sunday, June 2, 2024.

He apologies for inconveniences but they are commitment to pursue the cause to its conclusion

Lol, even the country itself at this point is confused. Even the labor itself are asking for the impossible
I am hearing the strike would also affect hospitals, banks and even electricity companies. I just pray it doesn't get to that.

I am hearing the strike would also affect hospitals, banks and even electricity companies. I just pray it doesn't get to that.
This is not a good one for the country now. It seems this would even bring more hardship. The country is just in shambles
I am hearing the strike would also affect hospitals, banks and even electricity companies. I just pray it doesn't ge

This is not a good one for the country now. It seems this would even bring more hardship. The country is just in shambles
It's well, the strike has officially started. My niece went to school and came back saying they told them to come back cause there is no school.

This is not a good one for the country now. It seems this would even bring more hardship
I am hearing the strike would also affect hospitals, banks and even electricity companies. I just pray it doesn't ge

It's well, the strike has officially started. My niece went to school and came back saying they told them to come back cause there is no school.
Yeah I updated the site on that. Yes Nigerian workers are on strike and no light for us all.

May I know if the strike prospered? We're the voices of the strikers were heard? The governments must act now.
Yes, mate the federal government has been given a week chance hy labor. Hopefully they would do the needful now

Yes, mate the federal government has been given a week chance hy labor. Hopefully they would do the needful now
Wow, that was good. It is the people's power giving the government a drastic move to hear them out.

I have not followed the story in the international news and can not comment on their reason to do so. I hope that they have a real good reason to take such step. Many a times such protests and strikes are politically motivated and tarnish the real cause. Such massive strike nationwide will definitely cause a lot of inconvenience to masses.

They have called off the strike for now. Hopefully the government would do the needful to avert another strike
That's a positive news. At least it saves the mass population from the inconvenience. It was a thoughtful decision on their part. Government should really consider their demands.

That's a positive news. At least it saves the mass population from the inconvenience. It was a thoughtful decision on their part. Government should really consider their demands.
Yes, we are just hoping that the government would do the needful to increase wages. The price of things is over the top

Yes, we are just hoping that the government would do the needful to increase wages. The price of things is over the top
People deserve to be well compensated for the time and effort that they put into their work. It's their basic right. Dignity of labour can not be compromised and every government holds the responsibility to take care of it. Inflation these days is pinching everyone.

People deserve to be well compensated for the time and effort that they put into their work. It's their basic right. Dignity of labour can not be compromised and every government holds the responsibility to take care of it. Inflation these days is pinching everyone.
That's right the truth is that the prices of goods and services isn't helping matter. People just need to be paid well

That's right the truth is that the prices of goods and services isn't helping matter. People just need to be paid well
I totally agree. World economy at present is in big mess. Inflation is pinching everyone. Even with a decent money, people are struggling to fulfill their financial obligations. With underpaid jobs, it would be even tougher.

Sometimes government also have limitations in various ways. But none is justified in case of the ordeal of people who deserve their due. And many a tikes, everything boils down to the power if corruption and corrupt people in the government. If the intentions are in right place, they will find a way to come up with a solution.

13,208Threads
99,090Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member