• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Number of children and how it relates with financial situation.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
Some countries are already proposing legislations to control the number of kids their citizens have. Apart from macroeconomic effects of overpopulation, it also has an effect on the financial life of an individual.

How many kids is ideal for one to have considering present financial reality? I think one is just okay.

Having a child is a challenging responsibility, especially for parents who earn minimum wage. In such an economy, one child is usually enough. However, if both parents are financially stable, with enough investments and savings, it becomes feasible to consider having more than one child.

If I were to become a parent and had the financial means to do so, I would still choose to have only one child. Unfortunately, the world is becoming increasingly unsafe and I wouldn't want my child to suffer from the consequences of this instability. Or I’d have none. I will just build an animal shelter and take care of animals.

In some countries if the parents have more children, some of the children are subjected to non-consensual human experimentation, especially if they are single and are not employees . So many families have only one child now.

You know the baffling part, it is the poor impoverished people that always have a high number of children. The elites don't even have more than two kids. I think two well spaced kids is okay for an average financial person.

I think on average now a couple should only have two to three children and they are done with childbearing. I have also observed that the number of children one has does have the potential to beam the financial position one has in life. Sad to say this but children can drag someone or weigh them down because they are an expense and responsibility for someone.

Our country is overpopulated. And our governments have been encouraging to have only two children since the last few decades. Now, the growth rate has reduced in recent times.
Ironically, the lower socio economic strata and the less educated ones have more children. Most modern Indian households here in the last few generations have two children and now most couples are going for only one child.
I feel that two was good enough for me. I could give them a good education and good life with my financial capacity. And also, I wanted my children to have each other's company.

Having more children would come with more financial obligations and even more parental responsibilities. It can be too overwhelming and if you are not financially abundant, you might feel the financial stress all the time. As parents, it's the responsibility of every individual to give a quality life and quality education to their children. Having a smaller family would make it easier. With a huge family to take care of, one might not have enough time to devote to careers and jobs.

Three kids in this modern day is a stretch. It would stretch you financially unless you are stupendously rich. I tell every girl I date that I am not having more than two kids.

12,049Threads
92,918Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member