Paying voters to win the election

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵8.706925
Referral Credit
Does this happen in your country? In India it's very common among parties who distribute money among voters to win the election. Earlier it was limited to the poor section of the voters but this time I am ashamed to say that some educated and well of people in my residential area have accepted money from the contesting parties to vote. A country can't progress with such people.

Oh..that's sad , why people do this. Money has power but to cast a vote for money is like taking a bribe. You should complain to the police or the authorities so that these people who bribe may get the appropriate punishment.

I think they do this everywhere. Over here in my country once it is time for election, you would see a lot of these parties going out to share money just so people would vote for them.

Oh..that's sad , why people do this. Money has power but to cast a vote for money is like taking a bribe. You should complain to the police or the authorities so that these people who bribe may get the appropriate punishment.
It's the political party workers who are provided money by their party to do this crime.
Post automatically merged:

I think they do this everywhere. Over here in my country once it is time for election, you would see a lot of these parties going out to share money just so people would vote for them.
That's true. People don't understand they are digging their own graves.

This has been happening in India from the very beginning. Free money and free booze are provided by parties to get the crowd for their rallies. And it's across the parties. But I have found interesting things too. Public is not that fool either. My maid takes the money from whoever is offering, but when it comes to voting, she is very clear and would not fall fir any false promises. She votes for the one eho has kept the promise. And whom she thinks has done something good for their community.

It is almost happening in many countries in the world. It is also happening in my country but the right hands of the politicians in charge of the showering of the money is done secretly because it is banned in Ph.

It is almost happening in many countries in the world. It is also happening in my country but the right hands of the politicians in charge of the showering of the money is done secretly because it is banned in Ph.
It's illegal and banned here too. If prived, the EC ( Election Commission) of the country can take strict action. The candidate can banned from contesting election and can serve jail term too if hid crime is proved. But unfortunately, people find loops and holes in the system and escape through. Also, it's not done openly. And those who receive the money secretively don't report it

It's fine if things are restricted to rallies and campaigning, but if it's about votes, then it should not be tolerable. The government also knows this but remains quiet on this matter. I don't know why the government doesn't speak and have fair elections.

I
You should have complained about it. I have heard that this illegal and a person can be jailed for it.
I don't have any solid prove. The bjp party worker's wife tried to trap my maid to which she didn't submit. I can't use her as a prove as the bjp goons may harm her.

Here the media is exposing this misdeed.

This has been happening in India from the very beginning. Free money and free booze are provided by parties to get the crowd for their rallies. And it's across the parties. But I have found interesting things too. Public is not that fool either. My maid takes the money from whoever is offering, but when it comes to voting, she is very clear and would not fall fir any false promises. She votes for the one eho has kept the promise. And whom she thinks has done something good for their community.
The poor do the same here. They take money, booze and don't submit to the party's wishes. However the educated in our residential area have stooped low this time.

Last edited:
13,206Threads
99,078Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member