• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Personality Types in Managing Finances, Which One Are You?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.349700
Referral Credit
It turns out that a person's personality is very influential in a person's behavior in managing finances, so basically each person will have a different personality as well as their behavior in managing finances. Have you ever compared your way of managing finances with your siblings, friends, boyfriend, etc., of course they will have different characteristics. The following are personality types in managing finances as a result of research from the University of Nebraska:

1. Spender
Spender is a type of character who likes to spend money, especially for shopping and will make himself happy.

2. Hoarders
The hoarder type has a financial plan and budget and likes saving and investing, they always evaluate the budget and are very careful and thorough.

3. Avoider
Avoiders are the type of people who are careless, indifferent or don't care, they don't have a financial plan and will even have difficulty managing their income, paying bills, debts, etc.

4. Amasser
Type Amassers like to save money and will be happy to see that they have a lot of money, whether it is saved in the bank or invested. Amasser types often equate money with self-esteem and power.

5. Money Monk
The money monk type is very cynical about money and he will always avoid money, he considers money to be the source of all evil.

If there is no suitable/correct number for you, it means your character is a combination of two or more numbers. Recognizing our personality in managing finances will be very useful for evaluating ourselves, how so far we have planned and managed finances, we can maintain habits/character that are considered good and improve bad habits.

Lol i think i am an hybrid. Though i do not go for shopping very often but i do spend sometimes, then there are days i do save as well.
It's okay, whatever our character, we can manage finances, the most important thing is that we can evaluate ourselves to make improvements. I believe in this research because it was conducted by academics from Nebraska University.

It's okay, whatever our character, we can manage finances, the most important thing is that we can evaluate ourselves to make improvements. I believe in this research because it was conducted by academics from Nebraska University.
That's true, knowing yourself would help lead to improvement. Cause the truth of the matter is if we do not know ourselves, it would be difficult to improve.

I don't think i fall into any of these groups. Am such that i will be spender this week, next week i will be a hoarder. I don't save money when there is a need in my family. I believe money is made to be used and not to impress. Some people only keep money to impress others without thinking about themselves.

12,063Threads
93,001Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member