PH still top rice importer

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.000050
Referral Credit
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) expects the Philippines to keep its title as the world’s leading importer of rice, with shipments this year expected to increase to 4.1 million metric tons, 5.1 percent more than the 3.9 million brought in last year.

According to the report, the USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service said in a report that the volume of imports would reach this record high on the back of the anticipated growth in population and increased tourism. The shipments are mainly coming from Vietnam.

On the other hand, India is projected to remain the world’s leading rice exporter despite trade restrictions, with exports pegged to hit 18 million MT, equivalent to about a third of the total global export volume.

The other major exporters are Vietnam, Thailand, Pakistan, and Myanmar.

So there's no growing of rice in your country Mate, that's a huge volume of rice importation there
That's right mate we're buying here rice from Vietnam. The brand name is Young Chow, a sticky rice. Per kilo is $1 plus. Another one we buy brand name Princess Bea still from Vietnam.I mostly buy half a sack equivalent to 25 kilos two months consumption.

That's right mate we're buying here rice from Vietnam. The brand name is Young Chow, a sticky rice. Per kilo is $1 plus. Another one we buy brand name Princess Bea still from Vietnam.I mostly buy half a sack equivalent to 25 kilos two months consumption.
Okay now I see. We do produce rice here but we still import a little of it. Rice is a staple food here in my country

Okay now I see. We do produce rice here but we still import a little of it. Rice is a staple food here in my country
How nice if my country could export rice to other countries, but the rice production here is at scarce because of the El Nino.

The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) expects the Philippines to keep its title as the world’s leading importer of rice, with shipments this year expected to increase to 4.1 million metric tons, 5.1 percent more than the 3.9 million brought in last year.

According to the report, the USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service said in a report that the volume of imports would reach this record high on the back of the anticipated growth in population and increased tourism. The shipments are mainly coming from Vietnam.

On the other hand, India is projected to remain the world’s leading rice exporter despite trade restrictions, with exports pegged to hit 18 million MT, equivalent to about a third of the total global export volume.

The other major exporters are Vietnam, Thailand, Pakistan, and Myanmar.
Rice is the staple food of the Filipinos. Rice though produced in the Philippines cannot supply the demand of the increasing population so the country sees the need to import rice which actually costs lesser than the locally produced.

Rice is the staple food of the Filipinos. Rice though produced in the Philippines cannot supply the demand of the increasing population so the country sees the need to import rice which actually costs lesser than the locally produced.
That is right, and I am wondering why I cannot find Valencia rice in the rice display here. I also like to eat Cotabato rice and Balingasag red rice but they are not sold here in the city unlike in the past.

That is right, and I am wondering why I cannot find Valencia rice in the rice display here. I also like to eat Cotabato rice and Balingasag red rice but they are not sold here in the city unlike in the past.
You can buy at Ficco coop, they sell local rice. If you're not a member you can ask somebody to buy from you. I buy pink rice and white rice from claveria farmers but supply is limited.

You can buy at Ficco coop, they sell local rice. If you're not a member you can ask somebody to buy from you. I buy pink rice and white rice from claveria farmers but supply is limited.
It is far from my residence, I will ask my sister if she saw red Balingasag rice in FICCO. I really like tp eat Cotabato rice.

13,195Threads
99,013Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member