Reduce electricity use

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.743250
Referral Credit
Can you you do it? Can you afford to reduce your electricity use? In my case, it is hard to reduce the electricity because it is very hot here in my country. We always need electric fans in the day and air conditioners in the evening during sleep time. What we could possibly reduce will be the ironing of clothes. I do not iron my clothes, Also to put off lights during the day. Despite our living room being dark during the day, but we have to accustom ourselves at home to reduce the electricity bills, We have 3 TV sets and told people at home to stay i the living room and watch together. We also use the solar panel in the evening to outsmart the huge eclectic bills hehehe. And the bill was reduced from 8,000 pesos ( $150USD) to 3,000 pesos or ( $65 USD) yay. What about you?

Electricity is very costly these day. We don't use pressing iron again. Secondly, we don't cook with electric stove. We use energy saving bulbs that consume less energy.
That surely reduces your electric bills. At home, my sisters cook using a rice cooker and they till iron their clothes. Sometimes, it is suffocating to pay electric bills that do not reduce.

I cannot reduce my electricity consumption, however, I can use energy efficient appliances to reduce my energy bills. I can also use renewable energy such as solar energy to use energy for free.

In my country the electric bill is relatively chipper than other countries, at list that is what the government told us, but still the payment is not good for the local peoples, we try's to minimize the use by shortening the time we use for cooking and also by using some cost effective devices.

Can you you do it? Can you afford to reduce your electricity use? In my case, it is hard to reduce the electricity because it is very hot here in my country. We always need electric fans in the day and air conditioners in the evening during sleep time. What we could possibly reduce will be the ironing of clothes. I do not iron my clothes, Also to put off lights during the day. Despite our living room being dark during the day, but we have to accustom ourselves at home to reduce the electricity bills, We have 3 TV sets and told people at home to stay i the living room and watch together. We also use the solar panel in the evening to outsmart the huge eclectic bills hehehe. And the bill was reduced from 8,000 pesos ( $150USD) to 3,000 pesos or ( $65 USD) yay. What about you?
I stay alone so switch on the lights where I am. It's cold now so the fans don't run but I have to switch on geyser. Still I try save as much electricity as I can.

Electricity is very expensive and seems to be getting more expensive each year at the moment. It is not always easy to reduce the amount of electricity you are using without limiting yourself to how much you can do and also either going cold or being too hot depending on the weather at the time.

I have tried so many times to reduce how much electric I use and even though I can do it, it's never enough that it would be worth it.

I stay alone so switch on the lights where I am. It's cold now so the fans don't run but I have to switch on geyser. Still I try save as much electricity as I can.
That is so good, I am so sure you can save during winter time, but you need a heater so you still consume electricity.

That is so good, I am so sure you can save during winter time, but you need a heater so you still consume electricity.
I don't have to use a room heater. If I close the doors and windows, and put on woollen clothes. That keeps us warm.

I don't have to use a room heater. If I close the doors and windows, and put on woollen clothes. That keeps us warm.
That is the best way to save, how nice if there is winter in my country. We always have here a warm climate. We feel the cold climate during rainy days.

Last edited:
That is the best way to save, how nice if there is winter in my country. We always have here a warm climate. We feel the clod climate during rainy days.
So you need the AC which needs lots of electricity.

So you need the AC which needs lots of electricity.
Yes, we have three aircon at home and 8 electric fans for the day. It is extremely hot here.

Yes, we have three aircon at home and 8 electric fans for the day. It is extremely hot here.
I don't have a air conditioner but a air cooler. I too have 10 fans in my house most of which are used constantly in summer.

I don't have a air conditioner but a air cooler. I too have 10 fans in my house most of which are used constantly in summer.
Why do you have any fans when you live alone? We have 8 fans because we have 6 bedrooms, the other 2 are placed in the dining room.

Why do you have any fans when you live alone? We have 8 fans because we have 6 bedrooms, the other 2 are placed in the dining room.
I stay alone but my house is big and the maid comes and switches the fans to mop the house. I switch the fan wherever my dog stays. The security guard switches the fan of the portico.

I stay alone but my house is big and the maid comes and switches the fans to mop the house. I switch the fan wherever my dog stays. The security guard switches the fan of the portico.
Wow, social you have a security guard meaning you are rich. We do not have a security guard but our home is fenced with strong steel bars 3 feet high with live wire in case of robbery. The live wire is on in the evening only from 10 pm to 5 am and whoever attempts to rob will be electrocuted.

Wow, social you have a security guard meaning you are rich. We do not have a security guard but our home is fenced with strong steel bars 3 feet high with live wire in case of robbery. The live wire is on in the evening only from 10 pm to 5 am and whoever attempts to rob will be electrocuted.
I would have done that but for that I need police permission which is hard to get. I can't call myself rich. My son is paying the security charges. I wish I could get that arrangement in my house.

Same here it would be extremely hard, the weather is so freaking hot, even now that it's suppose to be the hamattan season where even if we don't get snows here, there is always these dry winds, we are not getting any of it this year. Then another thing is that the full family is around, so it would be extremely hard.

13,027Threads
98,025Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member