School heads in the Philippines can suspend in-person classes due to heat – DepEd

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.781600
Referral Credit
In light of the high heat index experienced in different parts of the country, the Department of Education reiterates the provision of Department Order 037 which provides guidelines or cancellations of classes and work in schools in the event of natural disasters, power outages interruptions, and other calamities.

The DepEd Department has given the school heads the authority and discretion to suspend the conduct of in-person classes and shift to the alternative delivery mood in case of extreme heat and calamities that may compromise the health and safety of teachers, leaders, and non-teaching personnel.

There is extreme heat in this country for almost a week thus parents complained about their kids getting sick and others who suffer heatstroke.

I can completely understand this, it has been like this for a long time now in my country. The heat is something else and the worse part is we don't even have stable power supply so we can use fan an air conditioner. The cost of fuel is something else that not everyone can afford putting on their generator for long.

Yes, I just read that in Philippines that they have been suspension of person to person learning due to heat. it is just bad even here in my country
Yeah and am hoping that at the university where I work, there is also a move like that. It is so hot here as if we will get burned.

Yeah and am hoping that at the university where I work, there is also a move like that. It is so hot here as if we will get burned.
The heat seems a global thing. We just have to find a way to tolerate fir now. it's can't be easy for anyone now

The heat seems a global thing. We just have to find a way to tolerate fir now. it's can't be easy for anyone now
But you have winter there in Nigeria, ours here all the time hot temperature. We never go out on a hot afternoon. The heat burns the skin.

But you have winter there in Nigeria, ours here all the time hot temperature. We never go out on a hot afternoon. The heat burns the skin.
We don't have winter in Nigeria mate. it's just two seasons here rainy and dry seasons. The heat here is really bad now

We don't have winter in Nigeria mate. it's just two seasons here rainy and dry seasons. The heat here is really bad now
Sorry to hear about your climate we're classmates 😁. I thought there's winter there. It's not easy to deal the extreme heat.

Even the rainy season right now we hardly see rain. And when the rain finally falls, it comes along with more heat.

13,179Threads
98,931Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member