• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Should I raise the employee's salary for many years of work?

deucher

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.006625
Referral Credit
Not all employees who work for business owners are distinguished by something and simply do their work without doing anything more than is required of them, but they also all want to have a higher salary over time. Is it correct to raise the salary of an employee only because he will work for you for a long time?

Before increasing employee salaries, you must first pay attention to the company's financial condition, healthy or not, monthly profits. In private businesses, the length of work is also a factor to consider, including work loyalty, employees' living needs and the inflation rate.

Before increasing employee salaries, you must first pay attention to the company's financial condition, healthy or not, monthly profits. In private businesses, the length of work is also a factor to consider, including work loyalty, employees' living needs and the inflation rate.
Yeah in order to increase salaries for workers need some additional things to see, and yeah if the worker is good and skilled worker its better to give good salary.

As the profits of the business increase and the cost of living increases, the salary of staff members should also be increased. Remember that salary is the major motivating factor for most workers and serves as a good incentive for loyalty and dedication.

Yeah in order to increase salaries for workers need some additional things to see, and yeah if the worker is good and skilled worker its better to give good salary.
I think its better increasing workers salary based on quality work done and their impacts in the organisation as a whole and not just because they have spent certain years , this will make them more productive and put in more effort since they know the reward ahead

I think its better increasing workers salary based on quality work done and their impacts in the organisation as a whole and not just because they have spent certain years , this will make them more productive and put in more effort since they know the reward ahead
True, paying more for those workers who have good working habit and good productivity will initiate others to work more and harder than ever.

True, paying more for those workers who have good working habit and good productivity will initiate others to work more and harder than ever.
This will lead to healthy competition among workers and enable them do what is right just to attain an increase, even though it later change their motive for working well in the long run.

This will lead to healthy competition among workers and enable them do what is right just to attain an increase, even though it later change their motive for working well in the long run.
Yeah the workers will be on their good side and also will turn out to be a hard worker, since everyone works for a money you will definitely see a big change with the products.

Time is a factor to measure impact. Look at it from the standpoint of experience, the longer a staff has been with an organization, the more experienced he or she has garnered deserving a raise.
Yeah, you are right and that's why much value is always placed on long time staff and even when they want to leave they are always lured into staying by proposing increment in their salaries.

Yeah, you are right and that's why much value is always placed on long time staff and even when they want to leave they are always lured into staying by proposing increment in their salaries.
When a company losses a staff that has been there for a long time, they are losing valuable experience which is sometimes more rated than qualification in discharge of a job role. Long standing staff should be valued and given good pay and periodic increases.

Not all employees who work for business owners are distinguished by something and simply do their work without doing anything more than is required of them, but they also all want to have a higher salary over time. Is it correct to raise the salary of an employee only because he will work for you for a long time?
It's very crucial or important to raise employee's salary after many years of work because this will foster strong relationship between your employees.

Though it depends on you, but I think it is not a bad idea to increase the salary of does who have worked with you for years. There are probably other options that they would have chosen, but they decided to stick around for this long. This is just a way for you to show appreciation to them.

I think that longevity is enough reason to raise the salary of your staff. But it should not be prioritised above skills and impact on an organisation. Long serving staff need to be motivated with a raise.
Long serving workers needs to be appreciated , especially those that perform their tasks diligently and also try to exhibit leadership traits by carrying other colleagues along while work is ongoing .

Giving a raise for a worker who worked for you for a long time is a good thing because it shows how loyal they are to the work, but generally raise should be based on the productivity and the success rate of the worker.
This is also the right advice, because at my first job, a man worked with me who had devoted 10 years to one company, and he complained to me that he was not getting a salary increase, but even I noticed how carelessly he worked and I think that if I were in the place of that owner, I would not raise his salary

12,060Threads
92,991Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member