Should I take loan for my startup business? | Discussion Bucks

Should I take loan for my startup business?

Moseschidera

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Sep 28, 2023
D Bucks
💵2.037250
Referral Credit
I would say only take one if you truly believe in your idea. Although it's risky, a small business loan can payoff if your product really fills a need that customers are waiting for. The key is to have an extremely well thought out plan for how you will use the money to get your startup going as well as how you will pay back the loan on time even if things don't grow as fast as hoped.
Make sure to build in some buffer room in your forecasts just in case of minor issues. Having the funding can help you hit the ground running to build momentum. But only do it if the potential rewards outweigh the risks for you based on thorough research first.

• Agree
  • Like Button
Reactions: Starmix and pinway
For me l wouldn't recommend or advise one to take loans for the business funding. Most business loans oftenly strains the businesses that eventually ditches the business into bad debt.

If I start a business, I will not opt for a loan as it poses a risk that I am unwilling to undertake. The implications of obtaining a loan may become a major issue, particularly if the business does not succeed. Therefore, it is essential to evaluate all financial options before making a decision.

• Agree
Reactions: Kirubel
I won't recommend this for anybody it's very risky rather you should look for a friend and get some money to start your business doing this it's going to be easy for you to pay back without any conflict

If anyone asks me this, my answer would also be no. I don't think it is advisable to startup a business with loan. If anything goes wrong, you will simply be on debt.

It is advice from my side is, try your best to start business without loan. Usually expert says as start business with less capital. See the ups and down get experience and then expand your business.

If you have a solid business plan, if you believe that you can become successful, if you have plan B to pay your loan, you shouldn't be afraid of getting a loan for your business. You need a solid repayment plan

Am not against taking loan If you take loan this can help boast your business but the issue is will you be able to manage the business and pay back the loan on time? So I think if you have an asset you can sell it use the money to start the business rather than collecting loan

I would say only take one if you truly believe in your idea. Although it's risky, a small business loan can payoff if your product really fills a need that customers are waiting for. The key is to have an extremely well thought out plan for how you will use the money to get your startup going as well as how you will pay back the loan on time even if things don't grow as fast as hoped.
Make sure to build in some buffer room in your forecasts just in case of minor issues. Having the funding can help you hit the ground running to build momentum. But only do it if the potential rewards outweigh the risks for you based on thorough research first.
It's not bad to take a loan to start business as long as one can properly manage the fund and make sure it goes all to the business operations.

It's not bad to take a loan to start business as long as one can properly manage the fund and make sure it goes all to the business operations.
Am not saying its bad to take a line to start any business but you need to know that every one knowledge varies you can succeed with it while others may really go things wrong at least allow your business to have foundation before you take a loan it's not proper for new start up to engage with loan

You are right, with proper management one can make good use of his or her loan. But remember, startup businesses face a lot of challenges that sometimes has nothing to do with money management.

You are right, with proper management one can make good use of his or her loan. But remember, startup businesses face a lot of challenges that sometimes has nothing to do with money management.
If you can read my previous post you will see that I specify that it's not all individuals that can manage and access the loan the way you think everybody are not the same loan is good but you need to manage it properly or else you will go into debt

• Like Button
Reactions: pinway
Well, I don't fancy this for a startup but If this is the only way out for funding then you have to go ahead. No way out.

If I start a business, I will not opt for a loan as it poses a risk that I am unwilling to undertake. The implications of obtaining a loan may become a major issue, particularly if the business does not succeed. Therefore, it is essential to evaluate all financial options before making a decision.
You are right, taking a loan to start a new business is hard, starting a new business by its own have a huge risk, and managing that risk needs hard work and good money.

It's better to apply for a loan than regret because of fear. If your plans are good, don't be afraid. You'll pay the loan staggard not instantly. Try your best.

You are right, taking a loan to start a new business is hard, starting a new business by its own have a huge risk, and managing that risk needs hard work and good money.
Well, running a business no matter how small comes with a risk or risks we just have to choose the risks we have to carry out and it should be a calculated one

For me l can't advise anyone to take a loan for starting businesses with. The best way would have been to start the business with your own money and take loans to boost the business.

Well, running a business no matter how small comes with a risk or risks we just have to choose the risks we have to carry out and it should be a calculated one
You are right, we should know that every business have risks and we need to accept that and work on how to handle the risk amd minimize the lose.

You are right, we should know that every business have risks and we need to accept that and work on how to handle the risk amd minimize the lose.
Yeah. Risks comes with different businesses we need to run. So you choose yours wisely. Be sure it would be a rewarding risk.

There is nothing wrong taking loan for yourbstart up business but ensure that you repay the loan on time but I'd there is any source you can get money for that like lending a friend the money it'slwoukd be more better than taking loan