• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Should personal finance be taught in schools?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
I believe that personal finance should be taught in schools because it is indispensable in our daily lives. Students must understand how to budget, save, and invest their money to avoid going bankrupt in the future. Most people, including myself, lack financial literacy, which is why it is important to incorporate personal finance in the curriculum so that students can make sound financial decisions. They will also be able to deal with financial issues more effectively.

Absolutely. That seems like a really fantastic idea. Children and teenagers who are taught personal finance in schools may not be immune to financial mishaps, but it implies that the consequences of financial errors won't be as severe. A lot of people in today's world learned about money the hard way. Students can learn and may somehow avoid mistakes if they are exposed to financial concepts at an early age.

I believe that personal finance should be taught in schools because it is indispensable in our daily lives. Students must understand how to budget, save, and invest their money to avoid going bankrupt in the future. Most people, including myself, lack financial literacy, which is why it is important to incorporate personal finance in the curriculum so that students can make sound financial decisions. They will also be able to deal with financial issues more effectively.
Children should be taught about finance management in school so that they spend judiciously.

I think it will be great if personal financial literacy should be included in school curriculum. A lot of people including myself don't know how to manage personal finance. I use to be reckless and careless about money. I find it hard to keep money with me. I usually go on financial spree.

Things have become complex and everything is monetized now. Financial education is too important in for any person that lives and it must be part of the school curriculum. In my country, entrepreneurship as a subject is compulsory now for all levels of education.

Absolutely. That seems like a really fantastic idea. Children and teenagers who are taught personal finance in schools may not be immune to financial mishaps, but it implies that the consequences of financial errors won't be as severe. A lot of people in today's world learned about money the hard way. Students can learn and may somehow avoid mistakes if they are exposed to financial concepts at an early age.
i totally agree with your submission. kids need to learn about it at a pretty young age so that they understand as they grow the need for financial discipline

Yes this should be taught in school, I believe it would have an effect on how our young ones value and manage money.
That is true. It would benefit them a lot, especially in terms of saving, budgeting, investing, and whatnot.
Post automatically merged:

Yes definitely, the thing is the finance is an integral part of one's wellbeing. if you don't get it right you might just live a miserable life.
We must dedicate time and effort to learning about finance, its concepts, etc. This knowledge is essential for us to make informed decisions about our finances, investments, and future financial goals. By acquiring financial literacy, we equip ourselves with the necessary tools to navigate the complicated world of money management and build a stable financial future for ourselves.

Last edited:
Many school are doing this they teach personal finances this is so helpful and allow users to understand financial management and how to control their finance, teaching users personal finances in various institutions is a way forward you will enlighten them on various aspects of investment opportunity which they can get indulge

12,060Threads
92,990Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member