• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Sites needing tutors

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.501650
Referral Credit
The following sites are hiring tutors: If you are looking for a site to apply as a tutor, you may check these sites for opportunities to work as a tutor:

• Wyzant
  • Chegg Tutors
  • Tutor.com
  • VIPkid
I have checked these sites and they are good sites to apply. You can explore these platforms to find tutoring jobs that match your skills and preferences. I applied at VIPKid. The pay rate per hour is insanely attractive.

I do not want to apply to these websites, because they ask members to upload their real resume, which I do not wish to due to privacy reasons. The users name is also listed in search.

I do not want to apply to these websites, because they ask members to upload their real resume, which I do not wish to due to privacy reasons. The users name is also listed in search.
That is the usual basis for hiring a tutor to submit a resume and it must not be a fake resume. I understood your situation.

I'd really like to apply, as I own enough teaching degrees, but I know I would get in trouble with the tax laws of my country and R.S.I., if at first I don't get rid of my VAT.
But that is online. Are you obliged to pay tax despite online job? In the Philippines, there is none. How come your government know ?

The government knows because all the money entering in our bank accounts, including Paypal and cryptocurrencies exchanges, must be reported to the R.S.I. by the same banks, processors and exchanges managers and directors. And we are compelled to show to R.S.I. where every single cent comes from in our tax reports. Income is income, whether produced offline, whether online, by the point of view of the laws of my country.
You are lucky to live in a country like Philippines. None of the main Western countries' residents, except Venezuelans, escape from a cumbersome bureaucracy and a lot of times huge amount of taxes too, when working online (it's very worse than working offline in a traditional 9 to 5 employment, in terms of bureaucracy and taxes).

The government knows because all the money entering in our bank accounts, including Paypal and cryptocurrencies exchanges, must be reported to the R.S.I. by the same banks, processors and exchanges managers and directors. And we are compelled to show to R.S.I. where every single cent comes from in our tax reports. Income is income, whether produced offline, whether online, by the point of view of the laws of my country.
You are lucky to live in a country like Philippines. None of the main Western countries' residents, except Venezuelans, escape from a cumbersome bureaucracy and a lot of times huge amount of taxes too, when working online (it's very worse than working offline in a traditional 9 to 5 employment, in terms of bureaucracy and taxes).
I have just learned it from you the kind of government you have. Other laws need amendments like taxing online earners. It's a sickening reality people face as long as they live.

Right. Unfortunately, governments in my country like to copy European models, despite the third world circumstances (that often mean native people have no idea of the existence of such laws, until they face a seizure because online earning money fell into their bank accounts and they had never presented a report to R.S.I.). If such earnings are small, coming from surveys or pay to play apps, it happens nothing, but not the same in the case of working as online tutors.

Right. Unfortunately, governments in my country like to copy European models, despite the third world circumstances (that often mean native people have no idea of the existence of such laws, until they face a seizure because online earning money fell into their bank accounts and they had never presented a report to R.S.I.). If such earnings are small, coming from surveys or pay to play apps, it happens nothing, but not the same in the case of working as online tutors.
It's difficult to do side hustles there. Is your country. Is your country under the communism form of government? We're lucky we're having a democratic form of government in the Philippines.

Formally it isn't a communist government, but the facts show a pseudo-communist philosophy. As the matter consists in the government frowning upon all foreign finances and consequently hinder commerce and services out of the borders of the territory. As Fiverr, Upwork, Udemy, etc., are headquartered abroad, that's why such a cumbersome bureaucracy impossible to fulfil. The government wants citizens and residents to only work for local companies, headquartered in the territory. The government wants we only earn our local currency, we only buy local stocks, etc., etc., etc.

Formally it isn't a communist government, but the facts show a pseudo-communist philosophy. As the matter consists in the government frowning upon all foreign finances and consequently hinder commerce and services out of the borders of the territory. As Fiverr, Upwork, Udemy, etc., are headquartered abroad, that's why such a cumbersome bureaucracy impossible to fulfil. The government wants citizens and residents to only work for local companies, headquartered in the territory. The government wants we only earn our local currency, we only buy local stocks, etc., etc., etc.
What about your earnings in a forum site? Is it your government that claims it? That's horrible your government intervening in some people's personal affairs in money-making outside their territory of governance.

I declare every single cent I earn in forums and paid to post socials in the tax report, the same I declare every paid lesson to my students. In the case of PTP socials and forums, due to the topics I post, they result as jobs done through my VAT. As I'm paid by physical persons, it's still feasible (until this government won't ban the cryptocurrencies: in such a case, I should rely only on sites that pay through Paypal). In the case of sites like Udemy, as it appears a legal entity paying me, I would be first obliged to get rid of my VAT. The point is pseudo-communist governments in my country doesn't like we make money out of our territory. Pseudo-communist governments don't like we earn a currency different from our local FIAT currency.
And in a separate tax report we are also obliged to declare every single cent earned through surveys, pay to play apps and similar, because these earnings come from abroad.

I declare every single cent I earn in forums and paid to post socials in the tax report, the same I declare every paid lesson to my students. In the case of PTP socials and forums, due to the topics I post, they result as jobs done through my VAT. As I'm paid by physical persons, it's still feasible (until this government won't ban the cryptocurrencies: in such a case, I should rely only on sites that pay through Paypal). In the case of sites like Udemy, as it appears a legal entity paying me, I would be first obliged to get rid of my VAT. The point is pseudo-communist governments in my country doesn't like we make money out of our territory. Pseudo-communist governments don't like we earn a currency different from our local FIAT currency.
And in a separate tax report we are also obliged to declare every single cent earned through surveys, pay to play apps and similar, because these earnings come from abroad.
Wow, that's awful. How much is the VAT percentage for every online earnings? Is it the same as in your usual VAT? How could some people there get the inspired with there income online?

In the case of the smallest entrepreneur, there is a unique tax amount to pay on a monthly basis, that's the 5% of a minimum salary to the Social Security plus a federal and a municipal taxes (currently, this latter 2 taxes consist in an amount that's a more or less 1 dollar). All these 3 must be paid even when our earning is zero, to maintain the business legal. No mind if we earn very below a minimum salary. We must pay those amounts or we must close the activity.
In any way, in my geographic area only a very few people are engaged in online income, as the average Latin American doesn't know a single English (or other foreign language) word and has no idea what's Paypal (or other online processor) and how cryptocurrencies/CEXs/DEFIs work. Native people who are engaged (mostly living in the industrialized capitals, not my disfavoured area), they are abandoning the cryptocurrencies world, due to the new cumbersome regulation.

Last edited:
In the case of the smallest entrepreneur, there is a unique tax amount to pay on a monthly basis, that's the 5% of a minimum salary to the Social Security plus a federal and a municipal taxes (currently, this latter 2 taxes consist in an amount that's a more or less 1 dollar). All these 3 must be paid even when our earning is zero, to maintain the business legal. No mind if we earn very below a minimum salary. We must pay those amounts or we must close the activity.
In any way, in my geographic area only a very few people are engaged in online income, as the average Latin American doesn't know a single English (or other foreign language) word and has no idea what's Paypal (or other online processor) and how cryptocurrencies/CEXs/DEFIs work. Native people who are engaged (mostly living in the industrialized capitals, not my disfavoured area), they are abandoning the cryptocurrencies world, due to the new cumbersome regulation.
That seems hard to swallow life like that under control of everything by the government, what about those overseas? They might pay double taxes for earning much outside of your country.

In fact, a lot of western countries are not indicated for freelancers (including online tutors), especially Spain, facing the worst cumbersome bureaucracy and the higher amounts of taxes among the European areas I know.
That's the worst scenario living in own country like a prisoner or slave. There seems no absolute freedom in your country. The citizens have nothing to do but obey the laws.

11,642Threads
90,713Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member