Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.334813
Referral Credit
Paid to post forums are popular online but paid to post forums are not very sustainable, they either shut down or stop rewarding the users. What do you think would make the paid to post forums sustainable?

You have to create other sources of income from the forum to make it sustainable. By selling some type of product or service and it depends of the forum's niche. Paid for each post is not necessarily required, but some type of rewards to incentivize users is a must to keep the community alive, whether with valuable content(not found elsewhere), access to specific resources or monetary incentives or a combination of all of them.

An example. I don't know if they keep doing it, but long time ago, DigitalPoint gave the option to its users to add their Adsense code to be embedded within their posts. DigitalPoint in this case was not giving money directly, but they were facilitating users to make money through their posts, and I think that it was smart from their part, and I believe that's why that forum was so active.

There are many ways to do the same thing, just brainstorm about how to incentivize your users if you want to have an active community.

I have never been a forum owner and can not say. But definitely it is not easy to sustain the forum. It has to generate enough revenues to stay profitable and pay the users. We have seen some good ones shutting down or cutting their pay rates. We have to appreciate some like Forum Coin, BMF etc that have sustained for long, though they have reduced their pay rates.

I have never been a forum owner and can not say. But definitely it is not easy to sustain the forum. It has to generate enough revenues to stay profitable and pay the users. We have seen some good ones shutting down or cutting their pay rates. We have to appreciate some like Forum Coin, BMF etc that have sustained for long, though they have reduced their pay rates.
Yes that's true, them reducing their pay rates is also another way of them trying to survive as well.

Yes that's true, them reducing their pay rates is also another way of them trying to survive as well.
Yes, it is indeed. They can't keep up with the same pay rates if they are not able to make enough revenues. No one would like to pay from their own pocket abd run a business. That's not possible.

I don't think pay to post is not sustainable but the owners don't give enough dedication and time. I think beermoneyforum have been consistent for more 7 years straight. The major problem is that most pay to post forums owners don't want to wait patiently to climax. They want it now.

What is this Digital Point? Is it another paid to post forum? It would be good to check it out if users have a positive feedback about it. I am going to explore it
@Mike30 introduces it to me. It is another paid to post forum but pays revenue to your google adsense account as I have understood and not from classic manners that are reputable on other kind of PTP.

What is this Digital Point? Is it another paid to post forum? It would be good to check it out if users have a positive feedback about it. I am going to explore it

@Mike30 introduces it to me. It is another paid to post forum but pays revenue to your google adsense account as I have understood and not from classic manners that are reputable on other kind of PTP.
No no, DigitalPoint is not a paid to post forum. I did mention it as an example of how they did to generate activity. Thanks to that activity
network effect is created, then they sold subscriptions with different options. ~ That's a way to make a forum sustainable among many other creative ways. Paid to post it's just one strategy to kick-start any forum. For some of them that's the main niche, for others it's just
a marketing strategy and that's why they stop at some point.

Paid-to-post sites can hardly pay a dollar now for people who are posting content there, this clearly shows that ad revenue has dropped drastically. I am also aware that other platforms like Youtube and Facebook are demonetizing those people who do not have their A-game to be top-notch. I am sure we do get the point.

What would make post sites more sustainable if they get to attract more advertisers on the forums which some of them could be those people who used to earn from posting. The more people in forums are growing to be profitable and creating their projects then the higher the probability for more liquidity in forums. So basically more people in forums must become advertizers.

They all have their own limitations, nobody is ready to pay you from their own pocket. I have my personal experience of two PTP forum experience as when I reached on cashout they closed the site and run away. Although I had taken some previous payouts.

13,039Threads
98,081Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member