Sustainability of Paid to Post Forums

Forums must have a product or service to sell in order to be or become sustainable, otherwise it's an expensive hobby.
And really, the niche is not the problem. Every niche has some sort of "need" of a product or service. -- Sell that.
Paid to post is an incredible and valuable strategy to attract activity to any forum, no matter the niche.

Let me put an example:
I like all the things related to earthworms. I am currently breeding worms to get to the point where I will have enough worms to
sell continuously through out the season. You see, I am already creating a product to sell.
Then when I am almost ready to sell worms, I can start a forum, I pay for posting to create content about worms, That will lead to
attract worm lovers and bingo, I can sell them worms and any other related products or services. And I don't depend on google's AdSense or advertisers, and still, my forum
can be kept active with contests and paid to post from the worm's sales.

The wrong mindset would be to start a forum without a product in mind.

And if you didn't notice, I am already working on the forum without creating it by posting a link within the context of my future forum. ;)

Last edited:
Clearly if you only have a forum it won't be sustainable the key is to find other ways to make money from the forum
I am not in a position to state that forum sites cannot be sustained only through ad revenue. Having never owned or ran a forum site, I am not privy to the amounts received in form of ad revenue.

To make things clearer, a person who is knowledgeable in this respect can share on these statistics.

At some point when they don't get enough revenues from Google adsense or elsewhere they have to decrease their rates or have to shut down. I have seen lots of forum sites come and go in last 15 years since when I started posting on the forums.

That's very true. The paid to post forums are not reliable as they can shut down anytime because of the lack of funds for the running costs.
You need to work something on your domain online, so convert your offline activity to earn intencive online or similar tricks add to this earning method which is something second time income job.

It's good to see that despite so many challenges faced, some paid to post forums have survived for so long. Yes, they did bring down the pay rates but they have not ceased paying the users. Forum Coin, BMF and myLot ( not a PTP in real sense) have stayed for so long and they deserve credit for that. Earning on them might have become tougher but good to see that they still pay.

It's good to see that despite so many challenges faced, some paid to post forums have survived for so long. Yes, they did bring down the pay rates but they have not ceased paying the users. Forum Coin, BMF and myLot ( not a PTP in real sense) have stayed for so long and they deserve credit for that. Earning on them might have become tougher but good to see that they still pay.
These are minority that means you may faced a lot of new PTP that got google adsense approval rejected or some monetization network doesn't compensate the reward paid to the users, they are not majority to make everything clear.

Forums must have a product or service to sell in order to be or become sustainable, otherwise it's an expensive hobby.
And really, the niche is not the problem. Every niche has some sort of "need" of a product or service. -- Sell that.
Paid to post is an incredible and valuable strategy to attract activity to any forum, no matter the niche.

Let me put an example:
I like all the things related to earthworms. I am currently breeding worms to get to the point where I will have enough worms to
sell continuously through out the season. You see, I am already creating a product to sell.
Then when I am almost ready to sell worms, I can start a forum, I pay for posting to create content about worms, That will lead to
attract worm lovers and bingo, I can sell them worms and any other related products or services. And I don't depend on google's AdSense or advertisers, and still, my forum
can be kept active with contests and paid to post from the worm's sales.

The wrong mindset would be to start a forum without a product in mind.

And if you didn't notice, I am already working on the forum without creating it by posting a link within the context of my future forum. ;)
I cannot agree more. But the problem with PTP is the user base. Most users on PTP come from developing world, which is not a market for our product. For instance, you can create a forum around worms and have some paid posters, but these are not your buyers. The pay rate anyone can offer on PTP is attractive only to the people in the developing world, so basically, sales are not going to happen.

13,038Threads
98,078Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member