• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Announcement Temporary Suspension of Rating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Founder and Owner
Staff member
Profit Partner
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵36.488225
Referral Credit
Temporary Suspension of Rating System

We would like to inform our community members that the rating system has been temporarily disabled as we conduct a thorough audit of the existing ratings. It has come to our attention that some individuals have been using the rating system inappropriately, treating it more like a "like" button than its intended purpose, which is to assess the quality of content.

Rating a member with a 5-star rating simply because they are a friend is not in alignment with the intended use of the rating system and constitutes misuse.

Following the conclusion of our audit, we will implement the necessary adjustments as required. We anticipate completing this audit within the next 24 hours.

Please be aware that, in line with our rating guidelines, some members may experience a reduction in their reputation points if their ratings do not accurately reflect the quality of their contributions.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Devin
Discussion Bucks

Season 9 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

It would be nice if there is also a 'like' button which shows the user we have read their posts. Thank you
Absolutely, I agree with you. Apart from that, the like button can function as a form of appreciation to our friends. For their responses to our threads or comments.

Waiting for updates and hope everything is clarified to everyone.

At this moment, I haven't had the chance to conduct an audit of the existing reviews. I intend to do so as soon as possible. Simultaneously, I'm actively working on implementing a new feature, allowing users to use both regular reactions and ratings. However, I'm encountering some challenges with its implementation and may consider seeking assistance from a developer. I'll make sure to keep you all informed, and I hope this process won't cause significant delays!

Absolutely, I agree with you. Apart from that, the like button can function as a form of appreciation to our friends. For their responses to our threads or comments.

At this moment, I haven't had the chance to conduct an audit of the existing reviews. I intend to do so as soon as possible. Simultaneously, I'm actively working on implementing a new feature, allowing users to use both regular reactions and ratings. However, I'm encountering some challenges with its implementation and may consider seeking assistance from a developer. I'll make sure to keep you all informed, and I hope this process won't cause significant delays!
To make matters simpler for you can you not do away with rating and just have a like button with those emojis? Anyway even if posts are not rated you do pay them. Have a nice day:cool:

To make matters simpler for you can you not do away with rating and just have a like button with those emojis? Anyway even if posts are not rated you do pay them. Have a nice day:cool:
Unfortunately, this is the whole part of the tiered system; without ratings, we would have to find another workaround. I have contacted my outsource developer to see how much he would charge to make the necessary adjustments. Once an agreement is made, we will get this resolved. This will hopefully offer two options: one for a rating and one for a reaction of your choosing.

It is better not to continue using the Rating Button because it confuses other members. They think that they will not get paid if there is no rating which is wrong because the basis of earning is through posting threads, answering posts, and commenting.

Unfortunately, this is the whole part of the tiered system; without ratings, we would have to find another workaround. I have contacted my outsource developer to see how much he would charge to make the necessary adjustments. Once an agreement is made, we will get this resolved. This will hopefully offer two options: one for a rating and one for a reaction of your choosing.
I wish I could give you a 'like' here :)

It is better not to continue using the Rating Button because it confuses other members. They think that they will not get paid if there is no rating which is wrong because the basis of earning is through posting threads, answering posts, and commenting.
I am with you on this

I am all in for the rating system. I can't be making contributions that are worthwhile and another person that is very casual about his or her contribution is at the same level with me. I am all for user tiered system. A like button is okay if you want to appreciate your friends.

We should all be sincere with ratings. And be sure that we rate high quality posts. I would do same.

It would be nice if there is also a 'like' button which shows the user we have read their posts. Thank you
Yes, I'd like too, as it's very much simpler than the rating system and accessible to anyone.

I was also confused and think it is a like button instead of review or rating system for appreciated posts.
It confused me too a while. I wondered if it were a sort of like button...

I am still exploring the site..Isee a blue thumbs up symbol and I thought it to be like button. But seems like it has many options.
The site is new and it's good to bring changes and keep updating the users. We do not come to the best practice at one go..we have to keep trying and seeing what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10,468Threads
83,981Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back