Three reasons why save for retirement

In Brazil, the government helps, even the financial help is not enough and it became compulsory to rely on black economy. In the Italy of my grandparents' days, people starved. They couldn't count on any government help, but on the personal charity of their neighbors.
That's so sad fate, hoping the image of their society, economy, and livelihood hanged in this digital world. They need change and adopt a new culture that embodies change.

We cannot also blame them . What if they are the breadwinners in their families, the parents must help their kids find their right direction that is to find a better job, save, and invest for their retirement.

I completely agree with you regarding the breadwinners who find it hard to save for their retirement. It's not fair to blame them for their situation as they might have to support their family members, including siblings, grandparents, and aunts, who are dependent on them. These breadwinners have to take advantage of their jobs to make ends meet. As a result, they often find it challenging to invest in their retirement or find a better job that aligns with their interests.

I completely agree with you regarding the breadwinners who find it hard to save for their retirement. It's not fair to blame them for their situation as they might have to support their family members, including siblings, grandparents, and aunts, who are dependent on them. These breadwinners have to take advantage of their jobs to make ends meet. As a result, they often find it challenging to invest in their retirement or find a better job that aligns with their interests.
The best solution for that kind of problem is train the members in the family to think of a small business they can manage so they can help the bread winner in the family and have an income of their own.

In my current country, the family members of the breadwinner are used to illegal jobs as selling candies in the trains (selling candies is not illegal per se: the matter is they don't register the activity by the Major House because it implies they must wait the permission from the Health Department and it may last between 8 and 10 months, but hungry people cannot wait a so shamefully long lasting bureaucracy). In my former country, it would be terribly worst: pseudo-communist politicians hinder with all their mediums small and medium-sized business activity, treating the owners as the State enemy n.1 to destroy. A colleague of mine from Quora explained such a shame with a reasonable explanation: multinational giant companies keep on bossing around south European politicians the same as Brussels Parliament does. Multinational giant companies want to keep only for themselves all the market, so they have all the interest to hinder medium-sized and small activities. They order to the politicians to create more and more new taxes and new rules to suffocate the newborn entrepreneurs, to make them fail as soon as possible. That's why a great number of Italian entrepreneurs, when they can, they literally run away from Italy to open their business in an eastern European country where politicians aren't so prone to obey orders from multinational companies or Brussels' Parliament.

Last edited:
We have to save for our retirement the earlier the better because the interest of our savings accumulate. We're also strong, body strong but during old age, strength retires too, so saving for retirement is vital.

For me, the first reason is the most important because no matter how rich a country is, it still cannot provide a pensioner with a cool old age. Maybe only a few, but I don't live with them, so I have to take care of my own pension

For me, the first reason is the most important because no matter how rich a country is, it still cannot provide a pensioner with a cool old age. Maybe only a few, but I don't live with them, so I have to take care of my own pension
That's right, number 1 reason among the reasons is vital. There are companies that support only very minimal contribution for the worker's social security systems for retirement. It's not enough during old age to use.

13,104Threads
98,507Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member