TikTok sues US government over ban of the app

Augusta

Discussion Guru
Literary Virtuoso
Sep 29, 2023
D Bucks
💵1.503250
Referral Credit
TikTok , Social media app on Tuesday, May 7 sued the US over new law of nationwide ban of the popular app. This is after the US President Joe Biden signed the legislation last month.

The lawsuit will determine whether US security concerns about TikTok’s links to China will be more important than the first mmendment rights of TikTok’s 170 million US users.So if TikTok loses the case, it will be banned from US app stores unless the app is sold to a non-Chinese entity by January 2025.

In its petition filed TikTok states that the new law is not legal as it limits Americans’ speech and prevents them from accessing lawful information.

There is something very dangerous in TikTok, because mostly government put ban on it. In my country government ban it due to so many dangerous incidences then again open it

TikTok is prohibited in several other countries, but I am not exactly sure why. A lot of Americans use TikTok, so it is quite safe to assume that many of them will be upset about this news.

TikTok is prohibited in several other countries, but I am not exactly sure why. A lot of Americans use TikTok, so it is quite safe to assume that many of them will be upset about this news.
Yes, it has been banned in other countries. I don't even know why I don't like the app personally too

Tiktok is not banned in the Philippines. We can do Tiktok freely. Maybe other countries misused Tiktok which is why it's banned.

That happens when misusing an app. There were also incidents concerning fatalities of the user like jumping on a cliff like crazy and ended in tragedy.