• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Tips on how to stick to a monthly budget

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.300950
Referral Credit
Having a budget is the simplest thing to do but sticking to it is always very difficult. So how can you stick to this.

Start by sleepung on the big purchases.

Plan on not spending more than you have then stick to a lower credit card limit. ...

Pay only budgetee fees.and bills

With the high level of inflation hitting over 30% only in January, it is very difficult to stick to a budget. Now, is the time to survive in Nigeria not to save or make long time plan. Am only trying to stay a life and help my numerous friends to stay alive now.

Financial discipline has to come with all conscious efforts..Else you might keep making a budget but never stick to it. It would be a time taking useless planning that would bring no result. I prioritise the financial obligations and refrain from impulsive buying as much as possible. Though I am able to stick to my budget on most months, I have months where the unexpected expenses pop up and eat away all my savings in the emergency fund.

Emergency can come anytime as life is unpredictable. I have an emergency fund and a budget for it every month. It goes in the savings for the month if there is no emergency expenses. When there is one, we have some money aside collected from the previous months.

It is easy to make budget but to adhere on it is difficult. I always prefer to cut down the unwanted or unnecessary expenditures and focus on the necessary things and if I have some savings from the budget, I prioritise the unnecessary things and purchase them as per the budget

12,090Threads
93,194Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member