What’s your secret for getting a good night’s sleep?

Ladyhawk

Active Participant
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.605000
Referral Credit
There are various reasons why individuals suffer from having a good night's sleep. Perhaps among you experiencing this are physical disturbances (for example, chronic pain from arthritis, headaches, and fibromyalgia); medical issues (for example, sleep apnea); psychiatric disorders (for example, depression and anxiety disorders); environmental issues (for example, it's too bright; your partner snores);

I've overcome this issue, and my secrets are through prayers and meditations, letting things let go of my mind that totally bother me.

What's yours?

I have trouble falling asleep but what worked for me is to establish a time to go to bed and try as much as I can to follow that. With consistency, my body gets used to it and know when its time to sleep. Also no disturbances when its bed time. No mobile phones, no nothing and make your sleeping environment comfortable and conducive to sleep.

If you have a partner/wife/husband, talk to him/her before going to sleep rather than using the smartphone or even a little bit of physical intimacy also helps in relaxing and let go of the stressors for the night at least.

There are various reasons why individuals suffer from having a good night's sleep. Perhaps among you experiencing this are physical disturbances (for example, chronic pain from arthritis, headaches, and fibromyalgia); medical issues (for example, sleep apnea); psychiatric disorders (for example, depression and anxiety disorders); environmental issues (for example, it's too bright; your partner snores);

I've overcome this issue, and my secrets are through prayers and meditations, letting things let go of my mind that totally bother me.

What's yours?
Before pandemic, I spent only 4 hours of sleep. I just can't sleep it's stressed issue that failed to dictate my brain to sleep. But I got used to it but during pandemic I felt relaxed and got 7 hours of sleep. I jog early morning and create 20 minutes walk.

Before pandemic, I spent only 4 hours of sleep. I just can't sleep it's stressed issue that failed to dictate my brain to sleep. But I got used to it but during pandemic I felt relaxed and got 7 hours of sleep. I jog early morning and create 20 minutes walk.
Me too; it all started during pandemic days. I got so anxious. I only had 2 hours of sleep. I feel dizzy at work. It's really bad when you don't have enough sleep. Gladly, I get back to my usual body clock and sleep soundly at night.
Post automatically merged:

If you have a partner/wife/husband, talk to him/her before going to sleep rather than using the smartphone or even a little bit of physical intimacy also helps in relaxing and let go of the stressors for the night at least.
Yes, I agree. Having a conversation with your partner lessens what you're stressing about; it's much more appreciated when he or she gives advice and comfort. Just like mine, he always says to me that I have to let go of what's bothering me, let my body rest, and have it's natural healing. Yes, it does work.

Last edited:

What's yours?
While I was suffering from hallucination I started suffering from insomnia too. I had to take sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor but had to leave them gradually. I cured myself of my insomnia and am sleeping well now by taking some home made remedies at bedtime, doing some bedtime yoga and meditation too.

While I was suffering from hallucination I started suffering from insomnia too. I had to take sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor but had to leave them gradually. I cured myself of my insomnia and am sleeping well now by taking some home made remedies at bedtime, doing some bedtime yoga and meditation too.
Oh! Thank God that you were able to recover and get back to your usual sleeping pattern.

Me too; it all started during pandemic days. I got so anxious. I only had 2 hours of sleep. I feel dizzy at work. It's really bad when you don't have enough sleep. Gladly, I get back to my usual body clock and sleep soundly at night.

Yes, I agree. Having a conversation with your partner lessens what you're stressing about; it's much more appreciated when he or she gives advice and comfort. Just like mine, he always says to me that I have to let go of what's bothering me, let my body rest, and have it's natural healing. Yes, it does work.
That's good, our body is sometimes overacting and keep on changing our sleep pattern. We have to empty our brain and replace it by imagining a wide green fields or vast flower garden to cool down our brain. It's bad if our brain refuses to sleep.

My only secret is that I practice sports almost daily, that is, physical exercise that exhausts my body, and at night I am ready to sleep, plus it relieves my back from sitting and working for so long.

Maintaining a daily exercise boosts body health and stamina thus paves way to a better sleep. My daily jogging for 1 hour early morning and my 20 minutes walk every 4 in the afternoon able me to sleep well straight 7 to 8 hours.

My only secret is that I practice sports almost daily, that is, physical exercise that exhausts my body, and at night I am ready to sleep, plus it relieves my back from sitting and working for so long.
Wow, that's great. Usually, people who are active in physical activities are much healthier and have fewer issues with their health, as our bodies need to get rid of toxins through sweat.

Maintaining a daily exercise boosts body health and stamina thus paves way to a better sleep. My daily jogging for 1 hour early morning and my 20 minutes walk every 4 in the afternoon able me to sleep well straight 7 to 8 hours.
Wow, I was not able to do my walking every morning. I feel lazy. Hopefully I can get back soon.

Last edited:
I think I know you from mylot . Hope you are doing well right now.

Yes, tapering down the intake of sleeping pills is good for your long-term health which I am doing too as I used to take meds to battle my anxiety.

I guess you have moved in to Kolkata permanently if I am not mistaken.

Hello Coral,
Very happy to meet you here too. I haven't moved to Kolkata but was there for 5months with my elder son as he can't come home whenever he wants to as he used to earlier and work from home. His office heads are protesting now. So I have to go and stay with him sometimes as he keeps worrying about my health.

Oh! Thank God that you were able to recover and get back to your usual sleeping pattern.
That took more than a year. I had disturbed sleeps, then gradually the food that induce sleep and yoga is giving me sound sleep.

Last edited:
I can sleep soundly when I'm physically tired and I'm really sleepy, apart from that the environment must also be calm and my stomach not hungry or thirsty, or holding back the urge to urinate or defecate.

What's yours?
Smell of lavender makes me doze off to sleep easily.

For me I don't really have a secret though, whenever i want to have a good night's sleep, what i simply do is to sleep early. We are suppose to have at least 8 hours of sleep normally.

Hello Coral,
Very happy to meet you here too. I haven't moved to Kolkata but was there for 5months with my elder son as he can't come home whenever he wants to as he used to earlier and work from home. His office heads are protesting now. So I have to go and stay with him sometimes as he keeps worrying about my health.

That took more than a year. I had disturbed sleeps, then gradually the food that induce sleep and yoga is giving me sound sleep.

I guess you mistook my chat handle with some other user on mylot. I am Sojourn from mylot if you remember now, not Coral.

I take my cool bath before trying to sleep. if I want to sleep faster I take warm milk and it will help me sleep like a baby
I've also been drinking warm milk because that's what I often hear others say about milk being good to drink before going to bed, but mine makes my stomach feel upset. I have trouble drinking it.

For me I don't really have a secret though, whenever i want to have a good night's sleep, what i simply do is to sleep early. We are suppose to have at least 8 hours of sleep norm
Yes, for us adults, we need to sleep 7 or more hours at night.

Last edited:
13,116Threads
98,576Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member