• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What are the challenges of selling animal feeds as a business?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.018498
Referral Credit
Selling of animal feeds as a business is a pretty good business. It is not without it's own challenges. One of such is very low profit margins and making the business to depend on turnover.

Which other challenges do you know about selling poultry feed?

One main challenge that I find with selling of animal feeds is how to manage rats cutting through the bagged feeds and making it unsellable because no customer would buy a bag of feed that is probably torn in the middle or bottom.

This is one big challenge that I see those people that sell livestock feeds face. Some of them had to buy cats so that they would be able to control the situation.
Indeed, properly storing animal feeds can be quite challenging due to the risk of rat infestation. Failing to store them correctly could make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to sell the feeds.

The business is only profitable on areas that they keep the livestocks in large quantities
I don't think there is any location that doesn't have an abundance of livestock. They might not rear a particular kind of livestock but a particular livestock thrives there and selling it's feed is profitable.

12,091Threads
93,200Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member