• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What are the things to consider when negotiating your salary?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
When we are offered jobs, the next thing that needs to be done is to negotiate the pay package. A lot of people goof here and shortchange themselves.

What are the things to consider when negotiating your pay. For me, I think cost of living is one thing you should always consider when negotiating pay.

What other things should be considered when negotiating pay.

As far as l am concerned, money can't happiness. It's my hopes that the same money can't buy the eternal life ever
Post automatically merged:

There are some very important factors to consider when negotiating for the salaries. Some of these includes the nature of the work, the working time required for the job to be done among some other crucial factors m

Last edited:
You have to consider the amount of time that work is going to take from you. Know that the time you spend working can be used to do something else beneficial to yourself or would have been used to earn somewhere else. Negotiate for a higher salary if the job would take more than 6 hours off you everyday.

When we are offered jobs, the next thing that needs to be done is to negotiate the pay package. A lot of people goof here and shortchange themselves.

What are the things to consider when negotiating your pay. For me, I think cost of living is one thing you should always consider when negotiating pay.

Think about the daily transport and the proximity of such place of work to your home and if you can also consider relocating if the pay is very decent so as to minimise cost of transport.

The cost of living should come first while negotiating a pay package. Also saving should be taken into consideration.

Some things you should consider are the cost of transportation. It won't make sense if all your pay, or more than half of your pay goes into just your transportation to work.

12,056Threads
92,980Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member