• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

What's your favorite operating system?

My laptop converted itself to Windows 11 but until this day, I never accepted its request to finish what it has started. I noticed Windows 11 slows down my laptop. I like Windows 10.
How many years has your notebook? How much RAM? My 3 years old netbook branded VAIO also received the upgrade to Windows11, but it stayed quick as a flash (despite the only 4 GIGAs of memory), compared to my Toshiba Sat purchased in the beginning of 2013, still running Windows10 cause incompatibility hardware with Windows11. Obviously, nothing to compare with my Linux devices speed: Ubuntu22.04 runs perfectly fast in my old Toshiba purchased in 2014 and my little VAIO running Debian10 is even faster. The notebook running Windows10 I'm using just now is slower than a snail and it takes an hour to publish a few posts.

When it comes to operating systems, I would have to say that Windows is my favourite as you can do so much with Windows and there is so much available.

Linux is another I use on my much older laptop and that would have to be my second favourite.

Which operating system is your personal favorite? I prefer Windows since it's the operating system I'm the most comfortable using. Also most of the programs I use for my hobbies aren't written for any other operating system but Windows, so it would make it difficult for me to run these programs unless I used a virtual PC. I've used Ubuntu before too, and it's my personal favorite flavor of Linux but I don't think I could switch to using it full time.
Windows because its' the system I'm most familiar with.

I particularly like using Windows 7, for me it is the cleanest system they have ever made.
Windows 7 is the perfect Windows ever; it has lots of futures built into the system, and when I install games, I don't have to install DirectX and other drivers in order to play the game.

When it comes to operating systems, I would have to say that Windows is my favourite as you can do so much with Windows and there is so much available.

Linux is another I use on my much older laptop and that would have to be my second favourite.
I'm also very used to Windows and there are actions that I can already do with my eyes closed, but I've never tried Linux and I don't even know what the interface looks like

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member