When best to leave home

I think it is usually different for each persons. The moment you have something doing that you can survive on, might be a good time to leave. Then again someone once said the moment you are no longer comfortable where you are is a clear sign you need to leave.

The best time to leave home depends on your specific schedule and activities. Factors to consider include work or school start times, traffic conditions, and personal preferences. It's best to plan your departure time to ensure you arrive at your destination punctually and account for any potential delays.

Personally i think the best time to leave my parents home is when i have som financial stability and source of income, because if i leave my parents home without having financial stability then in short time it will be hard to start and process my life and i will return to my family's home again.

If you are no longer happy to live with your family and you are old enough and financially stable, there is no reason not to leave home. In my case, I have my own home but I invited my sisters to live with me. I do not want to live alone. I hate loneliness.

Last edited:
You have to leave home when you feel you can take care of yourself without the help of any other person

Majority of us leave home to give support to our family, here in my country, people alone move to other countries to do some job and send money to their family. But they miss each other too much. Second strong reason here as students leave home for better studies abroad. In both cases both groups of people cry with tears when the talk with their family members.

There will come a time that would have to leave home. You would have to leave your family home and move away to live alone. When do you think it is appropriate to take such a decision?
In India children leave home when they go for higher studies or get a job in another city. Children in India stay with their parents unless there's some fued in the family.

I started leaving home when I was about to enter my favorite university which was located in a different city, so I had to live in a boarding house, after graduating from college I also worked in another city, so I had to be separated from my dad, mom and siblings.

When I was younger, I and most of my friends were ready to leave home at around 17 years old if not older. Nowadays, especially with the cost-of-living and how expensive rent can be, many tend to stay living at home for as long as they can to keep costs down.

I started leaving home when I was about to enter my favorite university which was located in a different city, so I had to live in a boarding house, after graduating from college I also worked in another city, so I had to be separated from my dad, mom and siblings.
I had to leave home after I got married. I was with my parents and siblings until my postgraduation.

I had to leave home after I got married. I was with my parents and siblings until my postgraduation.
Woo, it's really nice if you can live with your parents and siblings until post-graduation, and you just leave home after getting married and living in a new house.

If you are not longer happy to live with your family and you are old enough and financially stable, there is no reason why not to leave home. In my case, I have my own home but I invited my sisters to live with me. I do not want to live alone. I hate loneliness.
Yeah if a person is financially stable and can hold its self then i think it will be the right time to leave his parents home, yeah for first time it is very difficulty to leave from the place we used to know.

Woo, it's really nice if you can live with your parents and siblings until post-graduation, and you just leave home after getting married and living in a new house.
Yes, that was nice but I wanted to make a career before getting married. I wanted to complete my M.Phil and do a job. I did get a seat in M.phil but had to leave it as my mother-in-law opposed it.

Yes, that was nice but I wanted to make a career before getting married. I wanted to complete my M.Phil and do a job. I did get a seat in M.phil but had to leave it as my mother-in-law opposed it.
But you have obtained an M.Phil degree, right? In fact, you can become a lecturer or teacher who has a lot of free time. But as a good daughter-in-law you must also obey your mother in law, and abandon your dreams, the most important thing is that you can achieve happiness in other ways.

But you have obtained an M.Phil degree, right? In fact, you can become a lecturer or teacher who has a lot of free time. But as a good daughter-in-law you must also obey your mother in law, and abandon your dreams, the most important thing is that you can achieve happiness in other ways.
I didn't obtain a MPhil degree nor did I become a lecturer. I worked as a school teacher and had to go without job sometimes.

13,054Threads
98,223Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member