• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why do people in smaller cities have less money?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.250313
Referral Credit
I recently spent a few months in a smaller city and I was told that people do not have much money to purchase property and make other investments. Why do people in some smaller cities have less money, is it because there are fewer jobs?

Maybe because of the lack of industries, schools, hospitals, etc. These are the things that make a place develop and give people opportunities to earn money. The people in the rural area mostly have agriculture as a job, and people who have money do it effectively by employing the latest techniques, whereas the poor struggle to earn money for their survival, so they will invest.

I recently spent a few months in a smaller city and I was told that people do not have much money to purchase property and make other investments. Why do people in some smaller cities have less money, is it because there are fewer jobs?
I don't think your observation is true. Some people in the rural area use to make more money that people in urban areas. In United States, farmers who live in rural areas are making millions through farming.

This may be due to several factors, it may be that they do not have access to high-quality jobs that are well paid and are dedicated to the primary sector or on the other hand that the standard of living there is much cheaper and therefore they need less money to live there.

Maybe because of the lack of industries, schools, hospitals, etc. These are the things that make a place develop and give people opportunities to earn money. The people in the rural area mostly have agriculture as a job, and people who have money do it effectively by employing the latest techniques, whereas the poor struggle to earn money for their survival, so they will invest.
You are spot on. There are no good places to make big money. So everyone is making small money and having small money as well.

In a smaller community, the level of industrial and commercial activities are reduced. This reduces the opportunities available for people to make more money.

12,079Threads
93,103Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member