• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why you should marry from a financially strong family to secure your financial life.

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.681705
Referral Credit
I don't know if it works the same way everywhere. But in my country's culture, you don't just marry a person. Your relationship extends to the nuclear family of the person you married.

Marrying from a family that is not really financially strong puts lots of financial pressure on you. When you have financial challenges, you can't get any form of help from your partner's family while you are supposed to be helping them once in a while with financial needs.
I would only marry from a family that is financially strong. What do you think?

Marriage is more than that. Marriage is divine, therefore don't follow it with human understanding. Pray that Providence will give you your life partner. Not everybody that marry from rich family have access to the family common wealth. Pray that God will give you a life partner that will cherish and love. The one that will give you peace of mind.

Marriage is more than that. Marriage is divine, therefore don't follow it with human understanding. Pray that Providence will give you your life partner. Not everybody that marry from rich family have access to the family common wealth. Pray that God will give you a life partner that will cherish and love. The one that will give you peace of mind.
Go and check well. Everyone that has made impact in this life didn't stoop to marry low. They all had their spouse from an influential family. At most, men should marry at a level that is equal their own financial level.

Go and check well. Everyone that has made impact in this life didn't stoop to marry low. They all had their spouse from an influential family. At most, men should marry at a level that is equal their own financial level.
I totally disagree with you. In fact, tell who make impact in life because he orshe married into a rich family and i will tell you who make impact in life without marrying from prominent family.

It would depend on the person. Some people might be like you and would marry a person only if he or she comes from a strong financial background. But for someone like me, the person matters most. If he or she has the qualities that you are looking for, things would be comfortable and smooth. One can earn and become rich with skills and hardwork. Stories of rags to riches is often heard. And we do hear the stories of riches to rags too. So, a rich person can become poor in no time and vice versa.

Finance is important but it should not be the main reason for one to get married to. If you love each other and enjoy each other's company, you can always motivate each other to earn and reach your financial goals. Finance can buy you comfort but not love and trust. Without that love, respect and trust for each other, marriage is lifeless.

Though I understand your point, but won't people also classify this as gold digging? Or what about in a situation where you do not love the person, would you still marry them because of their background?

We have a strong faith in our culture that Marriages are made in heaven and just celebrated on earth. But in this world, ee do go for match making and finding a suitable spouse. Money matters a lot in life, but nowhere it should be the only criteria to choose someone to marry.. Marry someone who is capable and has skills and attitude to make money. Rest will be taken care of. And you should marry the person only if you have respect and love involved.

I think for me l don't have the capacity to choose who l can marry. My lord only decided for me the perfect wife that l married to iregardless of their financial status.
Your Lord is not a match maker and if you marry from a family where you are the financial pillar, even at your level, it is a serious financial disaster that is waiting to happen.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member