World Court rejects bulk of Ukraine’s terrorism charges against Russia

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.772700
Referral Credit
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruled on Wednesday that Russia had violated global anti-terrorism and anti-racial discrimination treaties, but dismissed most of the charges Kyiv brought against Moscow stemming from its 2014 invasion of Ukraine.

There are many charges but only a very few were retained by the court. The World Court rejected the rest of Ukraine’s related charges, including requests for compensation from Moscow for damages. How could the International Court junk the other cases filed by Ukraine when it is very obvious that Russia violated human rights?

Why can't he stop the war ? Why is he happy to see blood spreading on the ground from the innocent children and helpless poor? What is your justice court? This was the cry of the people's families whose loved ones perished in an instant.

Ukraine had also claimed Russia was responsible for the downing of a Malaysian Airlines flight in 2014 which the international court ignored.

I think that Ukraine did not back their claims with enough evidence. Without evidence, it is very difficult to prove and win a case in court. Moreover, the international court have its standard and policies which a layman may not fully understand.
My submission before I saw your comment. The standard and policies of courts differs from what a layman knows but they need to have solid evidence to nail this

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member