• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

You aren't saving enough for retirement

That's good, retrain from loaning, let alone the interest, it's better if save it rather than washing it for the loan interest that may seem forever.
Yup. I will keep that in mind. I checked some apps, I was surprised to know that the interest is too high. I cannot believe that people are riffing off their own kind.

I think for that we need to have some sort of figure that can help us the expected approximate amount that we need to save for our retirement taking into account the inflation rate
The deduction from our salary for our retirement will not be enough once we retire. The prices that time might be insanely high compared to the present.

And in fact, we have government benefit that will give us pension when we reach 60 or 65 years old, provided that we are a member of this institution and have the sufficient amount of contributions. @Starmix
We are automatically deducted from our salary monthly for our retirement through SSS or GSIS. I have two, SSS and GSIS.

Good that you have two, SSS and GSIS. In the private sector, we have SSS automatically deducted from the salary. Aside from that we have Philhealth and Pagibig being deducted as government mandated payments aside from the monthly tax.
I was teaching before in a private college which is why I have an SSS account which I continued to pay voluntary after I was hired to teach in a government owned in university, the University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines in Cagayan de Oro City and we're auto required to apply for GSIS. PAGIBIG is automatic and PHILHEALTH.

Foremost, let us take care of our retirement. Let us not wait for the time that we are already in that age and have no money to be called pension. It will be the most crucial image of our old age.

12,094Threads
93,203Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member